Sign in to follow this  
mudd1

Taking bets now, what will be the top 3?

I'm actually quite disappointed. From the 6 pitches that I really liked, 1 got through. :(

Same here, but I was expecting no one would get in at all from how the votes were shaping, so while sharing the same end-result, I am actually happy. ;P

I'm pretty happy with this result! I was expecting to be a little disappointed with the outcome of voting this year given some of the choices in the top ten and the popularity of some of my less favored pitches (and I should stress that that is a relative measure), but even though I only voted for one of the winners, I still think we wound up with a good selection of games. I would've liked to see one of the games with more unusual mechanics make it in, but the chosen Pendleton game is actually pretty funky in terms of mechanics, so maybe I'll get my fix from that.

I really hope What Could Go Wrong is 4th and Tim will announce tomorrow that it's the surprise 5th game of this Amnesia Fortnight's edition...

I'll be a sore loser and say that so many of us were wrong because WCGW and Ages of Adventure competed for votes and with a better voting system, one of them would have won.

Ha, so after getting 0/3 the first round, I ended up with 3/4 the second. Not too bad. And honestly, the one I didn't pick (Dear Leader) was probably next on my ranking anyways.

Also I'm glad Little Pink Best Buds was the winner out of those four. Most interesting of that bunch IMO. Plus, big leg FTW :D

I'll be a sore loser and say that so many of us were wrong because WCGW and Ages of Adventure competed for votes and with a better voting system, one of them would have won.

Mnemonic and Derelict competed for votes as well.

Not everyone is into horror games, and for those who did not come here in the forums, Eras of Adventure may have looked like a game that relied on nostalgia alone (as in the pitch video no plot was mentioned). I would not vote for them despite being a fan of adventure games.

A different voting system may have helped WCGW or Eras of Adventure, just as it may have hurt some other games as well.

So apparently Dear Leader, Mnemonic and Steed won

And that was correctly predicted byyyyyyy ... nobody.

I actually voted for those 3, and for Little Pink Best Buds, so I selected all 4 winners. :)

Now if I could just guess the lottery numbers, I'd be a happy man. :cheese:

I think What Could Go Wrong and Eras of Adventure both have promise, so I hope they'll keep looking at them as internal projects in some form or an another. I'm glad that Dear Leader made the cut though, as it is an interesting idea.

Mnemonic was among the ones I almost voted, so nice to see what will come of it.

So apparently Dear Leader, Mnemonic and Steed won

And that was correctly predicted byyyyyyy ... nobody.

I actually voted for those 3, and for Little Pink Best Buds, so I selected all 4 winners. :)

Now if I could just guess the lottery numbers, I'd be a happy man. :cheese:

And don't forget that you have to predict the lottery numbers before they draw them ;)

wooo, all 4 of my picks made it... including my pen ward pick... feeling like i should go to vegas now :P

And don't forget that you have to predict the lottery numbers before they draw them ;)

Well, in case you are implying I didn't correctly guess the winning games, I previously posted about my choices here, on another topic: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/13095/#328695. As I mentioned on that topic, I was down to 4 options, and since Jet Girl & Ghost Dog was not one of the finalists, guess what the other 3 were? ;-)

Well, in case you are implying I didn't correctly guess the winning games, I previously posted about my choices here, on another topic: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/13095/#328695. As I mentioned on that topic, I was down to 4 options, and since Jet Girl & Ghost Dog was not one of the finalists, guess what the other 3 were? ;-)

No, I didn't want to imply you were lying about your choice but I was kinda expecting people to come to this thread after the vote and say "Hey, I knew it all along!" Which is great of course but still doesn't change the fact that nobody threw their hat in the ring beforehand and predicted the right three games.

These games are gonna be so awesome you guys!

Yes they are. But there are so many awesome games that will never be made that it's hard not to feel blue.

These games are gonna be so awesome you guys!

Yes they are. But there are so many awesome games that will never be made that it's hard not to feel blue.

Yeah, 1 of my votes got through. There is a slight amount of that blues going on for those that didn't make it. Nothing compared to those pitching I imagine.

Everything pitched had something interesting going on tho, so it'll be great to see the progress, when development starts.

Wow, interesting result. I nailed it that Mnemonic would be a dark horse and sneak into the top 3 but completely misjudged that Steed would make it instead of What Could Go Wrong, which I thought was almost as certain as Dear Leader.

I think probably the votes for Steed/WCGW/Mnemonic were all pretty close.

Sign in to follow this