Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mudd1

Taking bets now, what will be the top 3?

No, you can't win any money.

I say Dear Leader, Eras of Adventure and Derelict are going to win. Only two of them are among my personal favourites but Dear Leader and Derelict seem to have a lot of traction here on the forums and pitching Eras of Adventure to the Double Fine fanbase is like pitching candy to a bunch of kindergardeners ;)

hopefully, not 3 adventure games hehehe

anyway, I voted for Dear Leader, ExtraTerrarium and Reentry, with Steed, Mnemonic and Derelict being a part of my personal top 10.

I'm willing to change my mind during the week.

I wouldn't bet what the top 3 will be.

I say Dear Leader, Eras of Adventure and Derelict are going to win.

That's not how you spell Mmemonic.

Easy answer for me , since all the 3 I voted in the first round got to the 10 finalist.

So : Dear Leader , Derelict and Mnemonic are my top 3 bets !

Dear Leader, Derelict and What Could Go Wrong

Yeah that's my gut instinct as well - though I dearly hope that Mnemonic will make it instead of What Could Go Wrong. I think any of the top 10 could be interesting though I'm really not feeling Eras of Adventure.

Well, looking at the post replies/view counts, it looks like "Dear Leader" and "What could go wrong" are 1 and 2; for third place it looks like a very close race between "Steed" and "Derelict". (Personally, I'm rooting for "Derelict"! Go Oliver go! ;-))

Apart from the obvious rebuttal ;), let me clarify that I actually voted for Dear Leader, Eras of Adventure and What Could Go Wrong. Maybe I'll switch one of those to Project 行. I'm also really curious how ether would turn out. Mnemonic? Huh, I liked the art but that the rest doesn't really speak to me.

Dear Leader, What Could Go Wrong, and as far as I can tell any game could take third. I voted for Breach.

I would be interested to see how Eras of Adventure turns out, but I don't really trust DoubleFine or Justin Bailey to do it right.

Apart from the obvious rebuttal ;), let me clarify that I actually voted for Dear Leader, Eras of Adventure and What Could Go Wrong. Maybe I'll switch one of those to Project 行. I'm also really curious how ether would turn out. Mnemonic? Huh, I liked the art but that the rest doesn't really speak to me.

Do the switch to Project 行, the 行 in you is calling! :P

Eras Of Adventure will be one for sure. The cross section of Double Fine fans and Adventure Game fans is probably pretty much 1/1 :P

Hard to say on the others, but I'll be curious to see if they pick more than 3 like they did last time.

Based on thread activity numbers, I'd say:

Steed

What could go wrong

Dear Leader

Derelict could be an upset though, as it's in a close 4th

Last year's ability to see the votes in real time lead to some interesting vote changing (i.e. abandoning projects that were clearly not going to win)

I don't even know. My votes are currently on Breach, Dear Leader, and Project Xing, but of those three, I'm only 'sure' one will make it. Dear Leader is certainly moving on (or so I hope). The other two are really up in the air for me. I want it to be like, all of them. >.>

Dear Leader, Breach, and Steed. I'll go with those three, probably. Though, I don't know from this point on.

My votes from the start were Derelict, Dear Leader and What Could Go Wrong, so I very much hope those. :P

I'd be fine with Breach, Steed or Mnemonic possibly replacing one of them though.

It's sad that one spot was already filled with a predetermined Pendleton Ward project though, as I have absolutely no interest in any of those.

Eras Of Adventure will be one for sure. The cross section of Double Fine fans and Adventure Game fans is probably pretty much 1/1 :P

Hard to say on the others, but I'll be curious to see if they pick more than 3 like they did last time.

I think adventure games are kind of boring as a subject for a live-streamed two week project. I'd rather see games that are more focused on mechanics than story.

I'd be much surprised if Steed didn't make it; they pretty much pressed a cheat code by mobilizing the brony vote. (Kidding. Sort of. Many commenters there found it an insulting ploy, and the pitch really is a great contender regardless. But it could still be a significant boost.)

With three adventure games and two exploration games in the running, the voting bloc for that will be more split. I expect one of those five to make it, but probably not two.

For the last one then, I predict Dear Leader. A lovely concept which suits DF greatly both in theme and in artstyle, and it comes just the right amount of time after Papers, Please.

I think the top 3 will probably be:

What Could Go Wrong

Dear Leader

Steed

Derelict, Mnemonic, Ether, or Eras of Adventure are also contenders though and could surprise me and get in the top 3.

The other pitches are interesting ideas, but I don't believe they have what it takes to beat out these other games.

Judging from twitter Mnemonic is above Steed, Derelict and Breach, while the top 2 is clearly Dear Leader and What Could Go Wrong

Still is a pretty small sample

I hope Dear Leader, Eras of Adventure and Derelict, but I think it's going to be Dear Leader, Derelict and either Mnemonic or What could co wrong. Although that would have been my choices too if we had gotten more votes, so whatever happens, I'm going to be happy :)

Personal Preference Predicted winners

Dear Leader Dear Leader

Breach What Could Go Wrong?

Project 行 Steed

I'd like to see Dear Leader, Derelict and Steed,

but I'm betting at least one of the winners will be What Could Go Wrong.

At least one of the winners. Maybe even two, or all three.

Because the pitch is strong, and Dave is crazy.

The good kind of crazy, not the Machete-swinging human-skin face-mask kind of crazy.... :D

Sign in to follow this