Sign in to follow this  
jasondesante

Bad Golf Community Edition Team Recruitment

Hey everyone that is thinking about or is working on the Bad Golf Community Edition project!

Sign your name here with your name(s),

what you want to do on the project, what you hope to add,

your past experiences doing that thing.

Introduce yourself and say what you see your role as. Then we'll list it here so everyone can have a better understanding.

I'm guessing we will categorize these into different subjects if it gets big.

note: this thread isn't for documenting progress, if you've already done stuff for the project. This thread is to list everyone so we know who eachother are. Let's make another thread for that, or keep it in the original thread to document the progress.

we could use this thread to list if we need extra help/people if that ever comes up.

I'm Jason and I'm able to do sounds and music.

Being a recording engineer and musician will help me do this, as well as having a recording studio to use. I'm in EST and have been recording music for 8 years. Sound effects are something I rarely do and have little experience in, but it is always fun to do! :)

Great idea to at least introduce ourselves. I'm aaron and i'm trying my hand at 3d modeling. The github todo list is the master list for what's to do and saying you want to help, coordinated by cheeseness. You can also jump in the IRC (#badgolf2 on irc.foonetic.net) and chat with who's around.

Also saying your timezone would be great, I'm in PST in los angeles. -8 GMT.

Hello!

Heyas

I'm Lee. I'm based in Western Australia (GMT+8 time).

Been making music for about 15 years, mostly hip hop and electronic (both music production and vocals). Have my own studio plus a field recorder that could record sound fx. Happy to contribute concept music and sound fx, even if it doesn't get used.

I also have studied film & TV, so have a video background as well as a bit of drawing photography background, so can video production and photoshop graphics.

More recently been looking into getting into indie game dev, so thought while I'm more interested in game design as such, my current skill base lends more to sound and visual stuff.

Hey not sure how much time I could contribute and its a bit hard to keep track of who's volunteered already but I'm a digi designer, do a lot of UI work for apps and the web and could possibly help out with game UI if need arises :) Oh and im in sydney - gmt +10 i believe

can check out some work here

dribbble.com/mcflydesign

Then we'll list it here so everyone can have a better understanding.

Actually, my plan for today was to create a roster page on the GitHub repo. I think that's the best place to keep this sort of list. Having an introduction thread here as well isn't a bad thing though :D

Let's make another thread for that, or keep it in the original thread to document the progress.

I'd really rather see us avoid making extra threads and try to keep things to the original thread or preferably relevant GitHub issues to make sure that we're all in one place.

Edit: jason reminds me that I didn't introduce myself. My name is Cheese, and I do lots of stuff :D

I'm UTC+10, but that's not very relevant since my hours often don't coincide with what would be normal for that time zone.

I'm coordinating the project and am spending my time guiding people towards creating something that's close to Patrick's vision as described here, though I'm very excited to see where and how things progress beyond that.

I've got experience with open source development and community management (I published a nice long article on the topic a couple of days ago if anybody's excited by that sort of thing), and have been a on-and-off game developer for the past 16 years. I'm also an independent artist and freelance programmer, and for my day job, work for a company that designs electronic devices and writes software to run on them. Fun!

I popped into IRC and asked if I could help. I went to uni, focusing on 3d (Maya), now I work as a UI engineer, doing UI design and implementation. I have a long background with 2d, 3d and programming. Being a hobby game developer, I usually do everything myself.

I'm willing to help out where needed.

Oh, I'm GMT+1 (sweden).

I'm Chris, currently based in Austria (UTC+1), and have some experience in modeling and animating in Blender (learning-by-doing while slowly working on a game concept at home), composing music, and programming (which is my uni degree).

Since the music part is already taken care of (cool stuff already produced my several people, and my style (mainly orchestral) is not really the targeted genre here), as well as the coding (plus I have no prior experience with Unity/C#, mostly Java/C++/ActionScript), I'm concentrating on creating (perhaps also animating later) character models for the time being, but I'd also be interested to look into scripting some game logic (golfing part?).

I'm really enjoying the opportunity to participate here, looking forward to what we can accomplish as a community :)

I'm Lassi. I'm from Finland and almost have my BSc in Computer Science. I'm massively interested in Game Progamming and Game Design. I can code things and I've messed around with Unity for a few months, the biggest project being a second-person stealth game we made in a small team in 2 months last year.

With all the experienced programmers already in the project, I'm slightly intimidated, but I try to do some scripting here and there and give feedback and ideas. I also try to document the process to the thread through screenshots every day.

Hi, I'm Patrik

I'm from Sweden (GMT+1). I've got a degree in C# from uni and fiddle with programming when the need arise at work. Complete noob when it comes to games and Unity though, but will do what I can.

For anyone with a little interest in programming, the Unity interface is actually quite simple to grasp and do simple stuff in. And there are a lot of tutorials and documentation out there.

//Slimline

Hi I'm elneilios,

I'm from UK and am a professional software developer. I'm most familiar with .NET and C# but have dabbled in many other things. I'm also a musician and have an online presence in the form of Kyma (

). I can provide either skill to the project although I am a bit limited for time.

Btw, I made this little multiplayer game using node.js and HTML5 (hosted on Windows Azure) as an experiment: http://ahhballs.azurewebsites.net/

Bill from the UK. Professional 3D boy, technical artist, illustrator etc... I know my way around engines, scripting, pipelines, QA. Glad to help in any way!

My name is Josh. I am hoping to contribute some textured models to the project, and maybe some other stuff. I don't have too much free time, but I'll do what I can.

I have worked on several mod teams including the Deus Ex HDTP mod, working on props and stuff like that. I also worked with Iron Wolf Studios on a game called The Increment a few years ago.

In my free time these days, I work on my own game called Reminiscence, which is a 2d side scroller built using WebGL.

Hello, I'm Lokno, UTC-5

I'm a programmer and I've already been helping out some with the scripting. But I can also do some art in a pinch.

I can model 3D objects in Lightwave and export them for others to work with in their game engine-- If you're using Blender, I can just save them as .lwo's which can be imported nativley, I can export them to .obj but it's a little unreliable. Latest thing I did is here. http://blip.tv/adaminator1/stick-figure-the-final-battle-episode-5-6559154 Though not representative of my current skill.

Hi. I'm Jennifer.

I can help with texture art and UI art as well (and any 2D animation if you need it). I can also provide sound effects (I've worked extensively as a foley in game and animation projects), and music as well if you need it.

You seem to have programming handled well, but if you need some extra assistance I'm willing to help out there as well. I've got scripting/programming experience (not with Unity yet, but I can pick stuff up quickly. I love working with different engines. My current project uses SCUMM through ScummGEN (which is quite undocumented, so I can adapt to engines well). I have C/C++ coding experience as well (I ran an emulator project and have contributed to ScummVM and ResidualVM).

I'm also open for voice over work as well as helping to write any humorous dialog. Basically, I'm open to help out on whatever you need. :)

I'm Tom, and I'm an all-round 3D generalist, and VFX compositor. For this, I would contribute 3D models and possibly animation (although my schedule is kinda full).

My qualifications are best summed up in the following videos:

VFX Showreel 2014

and plenty more on my website's portfolio page

I'm usually more of a film & TV guy, but I've been interested in game design for years.

(Already contributing on the github page, under the user name lowmankind)

edit: I also did this little animation a few years ago:

pBSVQaxeiq8

Hi I'm David, from the Uk and I interested in helping if there is any more need for it. I have recently started learning to use unity (programming in c#) and blender so I'm not brilliant at any of it but I can do simple things.

Below is an example of something I made in blender.

Cart1.png

Cart1.png.735781047cb3eb828d9e36622879d2

Just in case anybody's waiting to be contacted, don't do that! :D

Hop onto our GitHub repository and read through the open issues list (that's pretty much our todo list), and be sure to comment on anything that you're looking at working on.

Also consider hopping on our IRC channel and saying hi - chatting with people who're involved is the best way to get a feel for where things are at outside of reading the daily status updates in the other thread.

Hi I'm Scott, I live in the UK.

I'm a BA Games Design student, I have experience in Maya, Photoshop and UDK.

I am based on the design/art side of things, so anything related to that I can help out with.

Whoops still haven't done the introduction: hello all \o/!

I'm Taekon, also known as Wavingpeople on the Twitch chat. I enjoy drawing a fair bit (click the link in my signature for some good ones I picked!) and am super interested in animation, storyboards, cinematic, etc. Love telling and creating stories, not a very good writer unfortunately, but I've been GMing a Dungeon World campaign and that's going pretty well so far! I'm fairly young so still have much to learn, currently attending uni over in Western Australia (GMT+8).

Just caught this from the Github!

Hi! I'm David Mann and I'm a 3D character artist. I work primarily in Maya, ZBrush, Silo, and Photoshop, but I use 3DS Max and a little bit of Mudbox at work. I'd love to help out with character work if I can. Check out my portfolio below if you like!

Hello, I am Maja from Sweden (yeah, lots of us in here, huh? Funny to see so many people from such a small country...) and I am dabbling around with 2D art. I am mainly interested in just watching this process come along as I am trying to decide whether or not to go on a programming/graphics course next year, so it will be fun to keep an eye open on the inside of things. That being said, I can contribute with the 2D art that will likely be needed for menu's and advertising, and possibly with simple 2D animations if there is a need for those. I am also an experienced story-writer and have written chapters for projects like these before.

You'll find me as 'EmberEgg' on GitHub.

Sign in to follow this