Sign in to follow this  
oughtobe

Broken Age sales figures and AF sales figures?

I apologize if this has already been posted, but if it has, would someone please link it?

How has Broken age done so far? What are the sales figures like? I'm not sure how other games that Double Fine has made, but for someone on the team that knows would you mind just letting us know an estimate of how its done?

Basically, would you break down how another successful DoubleFine game has done. So for example, Stacking cost $2 million to make, after 3 months it made that much money back in sales, and up until now it has made an additional $500,000 in sales. That compared to other DF games is in the top 5 of game successfully done by our company. Or is not good to publicize that info? I was hoping since we kickstarted the game, we would be privy to that info, but if it would hurt your guys future work with publishers etc, I wouldn't expect you to tell us.

Seconded - if it's the sort of information that DF are comfortable/willing to share, I'd be interested to know how many units had been preordered and now sold on Steam itself... it's been on the Featured list for quite a while and I'm sure that the excellent Store page has made at least a few sales.

Another one interested here. I don't need the fine details here, but i really want to know if the choice to invest your own money payed of and if broken age is indeed the game that will make you guys completely independent. And how the game met/failed expectations. I would be fine waiting till the release of act 2 to get a more complete overview of everything

Maybe something like the news post that space base df-9 broke even (although i would love to see a counter on the site of that game).

I'm not sure about the sales figures; there are likely some legal hoops to jump through before revealing something like that. It seems, though, that Double Fine currently has a long-tail strategy for all their games. They might not sell much initially, but they sell consistently. That's why you see Amnesia Fortnight getting more publicity. The more projects that are released, even if they are smaller, provide more opportunities for revenue, especially on multiple platforms.

Sign in to follow this