Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zbyl

John Swisshelm or John Bernhelm?

Just curious: how did John Swisshelm become John Bernhelm? Or is the latter a twin brother of the former?

Yup - Burger is right.

My wife and I combined names to create our ultimate form: Bernhelm!

Changing your name is an odd experience, and it'll take a few years for the oddness to work its way out, but we think it'll be worth it.

As a former data entry clerk who had to change the records whenever someone changed their name, I am completely against this (and all other name changes). :-p

I legally changed my name when I got married to my wife, it was a archaic experience to say the least. I had to post a notice on a bulletin board at the County Courthouse for two weeks just in case someone happen to take issue with me changing my name. This was in Portland, Oregon in 1997, not 1897, folks.

If I ever have to combine names it'll be between silk and phillips. Well, Sillips is no good. Philk is... not any better. Hmm, no. And Silk-Phillips or Phillips-Silk doesn't double-barrell very well.

Besides, I like Silk. Silk is good. Peter Silk is good. Don't want to mess with it.

If I ever have to combine names it'll be between silk and phillips. Well, Sillips is no good. Philk is... not any better. Hmm, no. And Silk-Phillips or Phillips-Silk doesn't double-barrell very well.

Besides, I like Silk. Silk is good. Peter Silk is good. Don't want to mess with it.

Pilk!

Pilk!

No, can't do that. My dentist is called Mr. Pilc

Nice! Combining your last names is super cool and sweet, and you managed to do it without the ridiculousness of hyphenating them.

I was a tad confused because I remember a lot of people posting cheese images of you for MC the past, it seemed to make so much sense back then, but remembering them during AF I kept thinking "that doesn't work at all, why did I think it did?".

So thanks for answering the question I didn't even know I needed to ask.

Sign in to follow this