Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF benburbank

HERE IS PROGRESS THREAD

HEY FOLKS. Had a good day today. Got a bunch done and are pretty soon going to have a bit more playable work to show.

(plz ignore the weird shadow artifacts surrounding people, we've got a shader error that makes the game look less nice at the moment)

Working on world building stuff:

day1.png

Working on chat stuff:

day1b.jpg

Working on camera stuff (by painting over a video Pen took of Titanfall):

day1e.jpg

Working on day / night cycle concepts:

day1c.jpg

Getting some buds in the game to start chatting with them!

day1d.png

This just looks SICK! I love the stylized look! That's pretty damn good for one day, guys... Keep up the good work

Wow, looks great! Was fun watching the desktop streams today....helped me get through my own work. :)

That night concept art is gorgeous! I love the idea of the little buds making little camps.

I must say, not a huge fan of adventure time so I wasn't really invested in the idea of a p ward game. But this concept if done well would be really cool. Reminds me a lot of some of the kinect games (Kinectimals or w/e that is) only a little darker and more fun for an older crowd. Really interested to see what they can do with this project.

This is looking great. I have to say, I was not really sure this game would appeal to me but it quickly has become the one I am most excited about. Keep up the good work!

Hey here's a vine where you'll learn how to do AI programming:

WELCOME TO THE SECOND DAY WHERE WE ARE...

Working on getting some rudimentary AI in for some buds so they sit down sometimes:

day2.png

Working on how you'll feel inside the house:

day2b.jpg

Working on modelling some of that house interior:

day2c.png

Working on concepts for the best idea ever:

day2d.jpg

Working on test renders for some house exterior:

day2e.png

Working on more awesome time of day paintovers:

day2f.jpg

Looks good... Didn't Pen specifically say he wanted the player to be represented in-game as a single finger?

Looks good... Didn't Pen specifically say he wanted the player to be represented in-game as a single finger?

Yes, however he also wants you to see your legs. But either way we need to keep the player's body-size in mind as we build anything like the house.

Oh also we're hoping to have your finger + arm in tomorrow.

Awesome! Love the sunset!

House render is also looking pretty damn good for the 2nd day :D

hey who is using blender?

Jeremy Mitchell! He's amazing with that darn blender.

Yeah! I hope to maybe get around to streaming some tomorrow. So far we've been doing a lot of boring setup work, not actual art stuff, which is not very streamable. Coming sooooon

I'm already impressed with this concept art! I have my theories on how the game's story will end ;)

I'm also really curious to see how much of the text input parser/intelligence they'll be able to implement for the prototype. I'd love to work on the coding for that actually.

I'm already impressed with this concept art! I have my theories on how the game's story will end ;)

I'm also really curious to see how much of the text input parser/intelligence they'll be able to implement for the prototype. I'd love to work on the coding for that actually.

I *THINK* we'll at least be able to show some of it tomorrow. We have a decent chat script working, just need a ton of data now.

Earlier you posted an image of the Full House View, but I didn't see Uncle Jesse or Uncle Joey anywhere. What gives?

I am freaking out about that house! It's amazing!!!

Everything else is also looking fantastic so far you guys! Thanks a ton for the updates.

Earlier you posted an image of the Full House View, but I didn't see Uncle Jesse or Uncle Joey anywhere. What gives?

Hah! :D

Also, yay Blender! I was super happy to learn that Jeremy is using it to an extent on SB DF-9 as well. It's a pretty awesome piece of software.

I'm all for [del]high-three-fingering[/del] highfiving little pink buds. Obvious idea, really! :D

But man, this is coming along nicely, awesome work, team LPBB! :D

Wait, you guys use Blender in house?

Blender is the kind of software that you grow to love in a Stockholm Syndrome way. I'll never love anything else.

Been using it since it became FOSS. =)

Oh and great work on the game guys, looks great so far!

Wait, you guys use Blender in house?

Blender is the kind of software that you grow to love in a Stockholm Syndrome way. I'll never love anything else.

Been using it since it became FOSS. =)

Oh and great work on the game guys, looks great so far!

In general our modellers don't use it, but Jeremy does because it's what he's best with (I think?). For all animation, world building, and material work we use Maya, as that's what our tools are built around and it's easier for us to hire people for that. But yeah, I'm seeing pockets of blender showing up all over the place! The Bad Golf Community Edition people are using it for their prototype! https://t.co/IzPnmrsAot

Sign in to follow this