Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xaromir

25% coupons.

I get it: you want to market your product, but I don't even have 4 friends, let alone 4 which would want the game. Isn't that a bit overkill?

On Steam you can get 25% off Broken Age coupons for Double Fine loyalty. A requirement to receive the coupons is that you own X number of Double Fine games on Steam (I forget how many). Possibly you receive 1 coupon for every X number.

I think that's pretty cool. I mean, it doesn't help me because I already own Broken Age, but the coupons are tradeable, and DF fans kinda double as ambassadors/endorsers anyway. Might as well give them a 25% coupon to throw out with the game recommendation they're probably already going to give.

It would be overkill if they were just throwing out coupons to all steam users across the board, but since it's a loyalty bounce back for # of DF games owned, I think that's just math.

Although I love Double Fine, give me a 25% off coupon for Loyalty reasons (for I game I backed) is ridiculous. At least call it "For promotion reasons; give it to your friends, please".

They talked about it in the stream it was meant that everyone that had at least 1 double fine game got the coupon but something went wrong and people got about 1 per game they own from double fine.

I finally want to try out Brütal legend today, does anyone maybe have a Coupon for me ;)

I own Psychonauts and Broken Age, but I bought neither through steam... :P

Edit: don't mind this, I just bought it "full" price. Didn't realize it's only 14€! What a steal...

Sign in to follow this