Sign in to follow this  
DF_John

Day 1

Today was a meeting-heavy but awesome day. We drilled into the concept, explored implementation ideas, and talked about what assets and tech from DF's previous games could give us a great start!

Kick off meetings!

- project

- characters

- world

- scenario draft

Direction update

- going with the boy instead of a random inept hero

- focus on body animation and sound for horse emoting. Limited facial animation

- steer away from cutscenes

- intro backstory with 2d cards and narration

- scenario Plan A and Plan B will be worked out

Project is up and runnable!

- Brutal Legend horse is in-game and playable (with full IK)!

- world assets and textures added to project

Attached: Day 1 screenshot

Thanks for the update. I'm pretty happy with all 4 direction decisions you made today.

What I'm looking forward to the most is how good trotting (at slow and fast pace) is, and I feel focusing on sound and body animation goes along well with that, while narration and 2d cards also allow more content to be put into the prototype in these 2 weeks than going with cutscenes would.

Will we not be able to carry around inept heroes in the prototype then? I was really looking forward to throwing drunk knights off into enemies. :)

Will we not be able to carry around inept heroes in the prototype then? I was really looking forward to throwing drunk knights off into enemies. :)

Me too! Alas, the scope of a two week prototype requires sacrifices. If we create the boy, we won't have time for another hero and visa versa. If we can get tossing-your-rider in is still tbd!

Me too! Alas, the scope of a two week prototype requires sacrifices. If we create the boy, we won't have time for another hero and visa versa. If we can get tossing-your-rider in is still tbd!

Makes sense....will just make me root for the prototype getting picked up all the more. :)

Sign in to follow this