Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus

Which of the non-chosen projects should get Kickstarted?

This Amnesia Fortnight had lots of exciting projects (I think more than the previous ones), and a lot of people feel dissatisfied that their vote did not make it. I think at least one or two of them deserve a Kickstarter, so that we don't have to wait for AF 2015 to get them launched. I think DF wouldn't handle more than 1-2 Kickstarters, so I'm suggesting that you choose no more than two options. The main purpose of this thread is to let DF know which of the projects are the most demanded by the public. I would be really interested to hear the DF employees speak on this matter (whether you like the Kickstarter idea, and what are your choices) :D

I thought Ether looked pretty interesting, not really sure exactly what it was about it that caught my attention, but i liked the art style and the general concept of it :) was a little disappointed it wasn't chosen, but then again there was a lot of good ideas this year, it was actually hard to pick just a few. I think there are quite a few of the non-chosen ones that would have a good shot on kickstarter.

What a limited selection. But my choice is clear either way: What Could Go Wrong! :D

Damn, just found out you cannot edit polls on this forum. Well, let's agree that by Damnit Jerry, I meant ExtraTerrarium ;D (mods, please change this and add the other options like Bad Golf 2).

What Could Go Wrong, Project Xing and Eras of Adventure. What!? Those are only 1-2 ... with a bit of noise!

I cast my vote for What Could Go Wrong, but I have to tip my hat to Dum Sim as well. I can imagine gleefully sinking far too much of my spare time into that game.

imo there should be a single official thread for people to say who they voted for and why, like in 2012. The projects who did not go to 2nd week deserve our attention as well :)

Hmm...unfortunately none of the games I voted for made it except "Ether", but after hearing the top 10 interviews I would have to go with "What Could Go Wrong?" Second choice from this list would be "Ether" but I would love to see "Headlander" and "Mega Rad Karate Troopers!"

I'd love to see Dum Sim and What Could Go Wrong? get made somehow, however they're funded.

Breach, Derelict, Buried Metropolis, Ether, Great Spirits also really appealed to me during the voting. Seeing any of those concepts get picked up and developed further would be great.

This is cute, but I don't see how a game that didn't get votes during AF could really be expected to amass Kickstarter funds...

You say cute, I say passionate. Also, most DF folks seem to dig the concept, which is important.

Bad Golf 3 will get the votes next year.

Crowdfunding or a publisher deal should only be an afterthought.

There's a lot of love for "What Could Go Wrong?" so it's really surprising how it wasn't in the final batch, I'd totally back that, Dave running that show, all the passion he's shown for it, come on, ...What Could Go Wrong?

Ehhhhh, Ehhhhhhh, ....I'll show myself out.

I think it's more likely they'd do a Kickstarter for the AF projects as they are steps further along than the other pitches and now have time investments in them.

Sign in to follow this