Sign in to follow this  
SisterRae

Yarn Pals by Rae

Hi everyone! I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to share my crocheted yarn pals. As soon as I saw them in the game I knew I had to make one!

Here's the blue one:

Yarn Pal Amigurumi

Yarn Pal Amigurumi

And the second try - a few improvements in the design:

Yarn Pal #2!

WIP shot: Charting out that pattern to figure out how to reproduce it in yarn. :)

Yarn Pal WIP shot

Yarn Pal WIP shot

Actually, it's a crochet hook, so you could probably crochet with it. - Marek

That's awesome!

And thanks for showing the in-progress shots. I didn't realize you'd have to chart out the pattern like that (of course it makes total sense that you would).

Thanks! Yeah it's tricky planning out the colorwork. I just think of it like pixel art, but yarn.

Those are amazing! I'm glad you made two so they'll never be lonely.

Super adorable, SisterRae! I didn't realize how complex it was to create one of those Yarn Pals, but he/she/it looks spot on to the ones in the game :)

I want 100 of these. I want to make a bed out of them and sleep atop them in a cuddle coma. I love every stitch of them. :)

Aw shucks, thanks all!

Here's the new one I made this week (while watching Amnesia Fortnight coverage of course!)

Yellow Yarn Pal - Broken Age

Backside! (showing the diagonal seam from working in joined rounds for the pattern)

This guy was definitely easier than the first one - since it's just 2 colors I had less balls of yarn to keep straight!

The only WIP shot I have, before the arms and legs went on.

Weekend activities - #jrt, #hawkeye #comics, #doublefine #amigurumi

Any chance you could get these up on etsy or something SisterRae? (Only if you have the time of course) I'd buy these up in a heart beat.

Any chance you could get these up on etsy or something SisterRae? (Only if you have the time of course) I'd buy these up in a heart beat.

1370051830188_zps79d57741.png

Hmm, I'll have to think about that! I'd only do it if DF was cool with it... since it's their characters after all.

I'm flattered that folks are interested! :D

As you may have seen on Instagram, all 3 Yarn Pals are hanging out at Double Fine HQ now!

Here's the red one:

Red Yarn Pal

and the whole group!

Broken Age Yarn Pals

Here are a couple work in progress shots:

WIP Red yarn pal

Red yarn pal with notes

Round patterns aren't very straightforward to make in crochet, so I ended up making appliqués for the face and tummy. I think it was a good solution!

Also, how cool was that crocheted Little Pink Best Bud that was made for Pen?? Love it.

Would you be willing to sell a pattern to someone just wanting to make one of the little guys for ourselves and not to sell?

So... wondering if there's any more word on a pattern possibility or Etsy Store?

These are great!  I love seeing fan art by people who have awesome 3D skills like sculpture and fiber arts - and this is both!  Thanks for sharing, so cute! ^_^