Sign in to follow this  
DF_John

Day 3

Hello valiant followers of Steed!

Day 3 was a heads-down day. With no kickoff meetings to have, everyone could drill down into their work, so a ton of progress was made!

Meetings

- None! (well, standups)

Project updates

- Matt got the melee AI up and running by incorporating the evil druids from Brutal Legend! They can encircle Steed, attack, and attempt to dodge out of the way if you're galloping at them.

- Freddie started carving out the world based on our mission map, and worked with David to get ambient meshes like grass working and not looking like they came out of Tron

- Matt and Kristin modeled and textured a bunch of props that will go into the level

- Chris and Ray did first pass animations for the horse and rider

- Brian created hoofstep sounds and recorded test dialogue (I did horse noises... it wasn't pretty) that we'll use to flesh out our dialogue implementation

- Emily did more concept passes of Steed and the enemy, and helped me figure out how we could pull off the millhouse scene

- We tweaked the camera to allow Shadow of the Colossus-esque offsets

- The climate is looking sweet and Panya added dust vfx that add a lot to the character's movement

- Rusty revised the horse model and rigging

And a ton more that escapes me at the moment!

Screenshot - It's painful to watch the Druids attack Steed. Soon she will have her revenge!

It's shaping up nicely. All the bits and pieces we saw during the stream looked great! :D

I wish I had more time to watch the live streams, because clearly i missed some interesting things. Well i have get some shuteye sometimes.

Progress looks great, nice to see such advancement in only 3 days. It really pays of that you guys have all these elements from the other games.

The blurry effect in the air gives me a hot, hot summer day vibe, which I currently am experiencing, which reminds me that my friend owns a horse!

This is looking awesome! Steed was my favorite pitch - so rad to see it coming together.

Sign in to follow this