Sign in to follow this  
Darkfire64

I just figured out what Mnemonic reminded me of!

The whole noir dream thing intrigued me enough to vote for Mnemonic in both rounds, but the concept reminded me of something. Has anyone here seen the movie Spellbound (1945)? This scene here is what reminded me of the Mnemonic concept:

The whole interpreting weird dreams thing plays a huge role in the movie. Also in the movie, the wheel in the dream = revolver = gun. Reminded me of the turkey leg wrench puzzle Brad was talking about in the day 2 video.

Anyways just thought I'd share. I'd be interested to know if Derek has ever seen the movie. =)

It reminded me of: Noir: A Shadowy Thriller, a video game by Cyberdreams, released in 1996

When Derek first pitched it, I was very strongly reminded of http://www.traumagame.com/. For anyone who liked the surreal aspect and the idea of piecing together incomplete memories, I think you'd like this game too. It's free to play at the site I linked.

I didn't think of that, but now that you mention it, yeah, it sorta reminds me of Trauma in a way.

hahaha if Mnemonic's pitch reminded me of Trauma, not only would it lose my vote, I would have done my best to convince some other people not to vote for it.

Not that there's no similatiry, but I honestly thought Trauma was terrible.

Man, I remember playing that, like... 20 years ago on a friend's NES! And it was one of only three games translated to Swedish that I know Bergsala brought to the Swedish market. (Bergsala was and I believe still is the exclusive Swedish distributor and publisher for Nintendo games and consoles and peripeherals)

It reminds me of Dark City (one of my favorite movies)

Check the AF Day 8 video:

:)

df-shell.jpg

dark-city-04.jpg

df-shell.jpg.e4c42276800571e44abaed0561d

dark-city-04.jpg.f98a38145d291027e8eb998

It reminds me of Dark City (one of my favorite movies)

Check the AF Day 8 video:

:)

Ahhh, i see what they did there. :D

Sign in to follow this