Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF_John

Days 4 & 5

Hey - I didn't do one of these last Friday, but let me catch you up on our progress!

Cool things!

- Matt got combat working! You can now kick and stomp those druids til they disappear! Combat camera kicks in to better show you what is up.

- David's new grass is up and running on his machine. Can't wait to see it in the environment!

- Another pass on the terrain rough, flattening it a bit

- Full prototype script is written, VO for Twig is recorded!

- also - the horse's name is Bellefire (Bell for short) and the boy's name (nickname) is Twig!

- The enemy isn't in game yet but has all of his animations

- more texture and water work

- the millhouse area is all stubbed in

- We stubbed in one of our "storybook" cutscenes with Emily's art and it looks sweet!

- Chad is re-writing a lot of locomotion code to make it all the more awesome

Screenshot - Steed kicking a Druid. This is one of the "a lot more is going on under the hood than we can show with one screenshot" kinda days :)

Bellefire- I like that! Great work!

I think it'll definitely be cool when the rider has a lance for the horse to use as a plough!

Things are looking great, i just dont like Bellfires hair, I hope its just temp. other then that everything looks awesome:)

the boy's name (nickname) is Twig!

I haven't been able to follow this as closely as I would like, and have mostly been relying on the 2PP recaps. Therefore I'm a little bit behind on certain things (I think).

Will the prototype now just have 1 bumbling adventurer to help, rather than multiple along the way?

I haven't been able to follow this as closely as I would like, and have mostly been relying on the 2PP recaps. Therefore I'm a little bit behind on certain things (I think).

Will the prototype now just have 1 bumbling adventurer to help, rather than multiple along the way?

The prototype, to keep scope reigned in, I think will focus on the boy and the horse -- the other bumbling heroes I don't think will make it in this proof of concept. But we'll see as more livestreams and docs come out I suppose!

Smiles

The prototype, to keep scope reigned in, I think will focus on the boy and the horse -- the other bumbling heroes I don't think will make it in this proof of concept. But we'll see as more livestreams and docs come out I suppose!

Smiles

Yup - Smiles is correct. We only have time to do one rider, so we chose the boy so we can also explore that relationship a bit. In the prototype, you'll get to explore without the boy, with the boy unarmed, and with the boy "armed".

Sign in to follow this