Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF_John

Poll: Steed Enemy name!

Pick your favorite name for Steed enemies!  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite name for Steed enemies!

• the Jeebies
    • the Uglum
    • the Grex

I've narrowed it down to three names I like for these little guys (and that pass a rudimentary Google search.) What's your favorite?

I like the Grex. Or combined the first letter of each, acrostic style, and get the JUGs, ha.

Smiles

I thought Grex sounded a little too intense. These guys look like sinister Ewoks. They kind of remind me of some kind of raccoon/bear hybrid. Urcoons? (Ursa-Racoons).

Out of the actual choices I chose Uglum. It's a fun word to say, and I thought it hit a happy medium, where it almost sounds evil but is still cutesy.

EDIT: I also just realized these guys are being animated by Ray Crook. His name is when smashed together is already pretty similar to raccoon. They could be called Raycrooks? Or just Racrooks?

What's wrong with just using Grubbins like in costume quest? They look different than the Grubbins we saw before, but there are multiple strains of Grubbins already.

Voted for the Grex - I like Jeebies but it feels funny without the Heebie part... ;)

Grex feels right. But now that you mentioned it, Isa - I think both Heebies and Jeebies would make great names for two different types of monsters. Maybe you could save them for a future DF game!

Voted for the Grex - I like Jeebies but it feels funny without the Heebie part... ;)

Grex feels right. But now that you mentioned it, Isa - I think both Heebies and Jeebies would make great names for two different types of monsters. Maybe you could save them for a future DF game!

I finally remembered why Grex sounded familiar...

It reminded me of the Grox from Spore.

That being said, it isn't all that similar and, apparently, Grox was already used by Warhammer 40K before that.

I finally remembered why Grex sounded familiar...

It reminded me of the Grox from Spore.

That being said, it isn't all that similar and, apparently, Grox was already used by Warhammer 40K before that.

Grex is the Latin word for a flock or herd of animals or a crowd or troop of people. It's the greg- root found in words like "gregarious" (sociable, attracted to crowds) and "egregious" (outrageous, standing out from the norm).

Grex is the Latin word for a flock or herd of animals or a crowd or troop of people. It's the greg- root found in words like "gregarious" (sociable, attracted to crowds) and "egregious" (outrageous, standing out from the norm).

Grex is the Latin word for a flock or herd of animals or a crowd or troop of people.

When I Googled Grex after finding out that it was picked I was surprised to learn that it was an actual word, with a very relevant meaning. There I was thinking I had totally made up a new word! :)

Grex is the Latin word for a flock or herd of animals or a crowd or troop of people.

When I Googled Grex after finding out that it was picked I was surprised to learn that it was an actual word, with a very relevant meaning. There I was thinking I had totally made up a new word! :)

A gaggle sounds cool.

Speaking of sound do the Grex have a voice/grunt/yell yet? Maybe they make a gaggle noise. :)

A gaggle sounds cool.

Speaking of sound do the Grex have a voice/grunt/yell yet? Maybe they make a gaggle noise. :)

So would be be a grex of Grex?

I kinda like "gaggle of Grex" :)

A gaggle is for geese, how about a grumble of Grex? As in:

A grumble of Grex are going to gnaw on that gaggle of geese going around gallivanting gregariously.

A grumble of Grex are going to gnaw on that gaggle of geese going around gallivanting gregariously.

Haha I actually like that

Sign in to follow this