Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
buckysrevenge

Kotaku article about Tim

Games like Grim Fandango were a bit before my time (I would have only been 6 and we didn't even have a computer). As someone who has missed out on some of these early gems I wish so badly that they could be made available by legal means!

The day that those rights return to Tim will be a very happy day for us all.

Games like Grim Fandango were a bit before my time (I would have only been 6 and we didn't even have a computer). As someone who has missed out on some of these early gems I wish so badly that they could be made available by legal means!

The day that those rights return to Tim will be a very happy day for us all.

Schafer isn't sure what game he'll personally make after Broken Age. "I have ideas for games that are more systems-based," he said, noting that Broken Age reminded him how much work goes into making each second of an adventure game that players can burn through. Games with systems—say, a battle system between story moments in a role-playing game—can make a game beefier and make it fun in a different way. Not that he's making an RPG. He really has no idea, he told me. "We'll always do something that has narrative and strong story to it." That much is guaranteed.

Hmm... Maybe a 3D platformer? Something where the character has psychic powers, perhaps? Just an idea...

Schafer isn't sure what game he'll personally make after Broken Age. "I have ideas for games that are more systems-based," he said, noting that Broken Age reminded him how much work goes into making each second of an adventure game that players can burn through. Games with systems—say, a battle system between story moments in a role-playing game—can make a game beefier and make it fun in a different way. Not that he's making an RPG. He really has no idea, he told me. "We'll always do something that has narrative and strong story to it." That much is guaranteed.

Hmm... Maybe a 3D platformer? Something where the character has psychic powers, perhaps? Just an idea...

Dumbest idea I ever did hear, sir.

Now... you put a "2" after the title and I think you'd really have something.

Dumbest idea I ever did hear, sir.

Now... you put a "2" after the title and I think you'd really have something.

Schafer: If someone is going to do a nice version of Grim [Fandango], I think it should be us.

I feel like Lucas has approximately 4 billion reasons why he could just go ahead and let Grim Fandango make its way back into the hands of its creators, at this point.

Schafer: If someone is going to do a nice version of Grim [Fandango], I think it should be us.

I feel like Lucas has approximately 4 billion reasons why he could just go ahead and let Grim Fandango make its way back into the hands of its creators, at this point.

It's not up to Lucas, at this point.

[quote author="Starker" date="1393535932"][quote author="TennesseeKorea" date="1393533999"]I feel like Lucas has approximately 4 billion reasons why he could just go ahead and let Grim Fandango make its way back into the hands of its creators, at this point.[/quote]

It's not up to Lucas, at this point.[/quote]

Yeah, I hear ya. I just like hyperbolic oversimplifications.

Yeah, I hear ya. I just like hyperbolic oversimplifications.

Sign in to follow this