Sign in to follow this  
Rather Dashing

"Just think of paying 99 cents just to get Mario to jump a little higher."

And then imagine that the person saying this thought it was a GREAT thing.

In a letter seen by The Wall Street Journal, Oasis Management founder Seth Fischer told Nintendo President Satoru Iwata that the company is "well placed to make an immediate entry into mobile" and that it sits atop "arguably the largest library of casual games."

"The same people who spent hours playing Super Mario, Donkey Kong, and Legend of Zelda as children are now a demographic whose engagement on the smartphone is valued by the market at well over $100 billion," wrote Mr. Fischer, whose fund owns Nintendo shares.

"We believe Nintendo can create very profitable games based on in-game revenue models with the right development team," Mr. Fischer wrote. "Just think of paying 99 cents just to get Mario to jump a little higher."

a) Don't buy such games.

b) Maybe you want to write your own ones.

c) Enjoy the rest of your life.

:

a) Don't buy such games.

:

a) Don't buy such games.

:

D) Don't have any opinion on any media if you haven't made your own

E) Being critical on anything means you have never written to a loved one and dread the rest of you life

F) Rape The Hulk

a) Don't buy such games.

:

D) Don't have any opinion on any media if you haven't made your own

E) Being critical on anything means you have never written to a loved one and dread the rest of you life

F) Rape The Hulk

i could not think of a more incendiary thread title if i tried
How about "Jews caused 9/11?"

I'd pay 99 cents to get those planes to jump higher.

I'd pay 99 cents to get those planes to jump higher.

Let's imagine you've done a Space Taxi like game as contract work and just when you want to ship the title 9/11 happens and the client wants you to remove the crashing into things because there also is a level with real skyscrapers and crashing into things generally isn't such a good idea right now...

Let's imagine you've done a Space Taxi like game as contract work and just when you want to ship the title 9/11 happens and the client wants you to remove the crashing into things because there also is a level with real skyscrapers and crashing into things generally isn't such a good idea right now...

So you've heard of the Mossad, eh?

So you've heard of the Mossad, eh?

"Sam Raimi is busy editing those pesky twin towers out of the new Spider-man movie"

From an Evil Dead panel which was on the DVD re-release.

It was up there in the "I can't believe someone actually said that"... and "I can't believe they put that on the DVD" categories.

I wasn't offended or anything. It was just... wow. Keep in mind this was RIGHT after it happened.

"Sam Raimi is busy editing those pesky twin towers out of the new Spider-man movie"

From an Evil Dead panel which was on the DVD re-release.

It was up there in the "I can't believe someone actually said that"... and "I can't believe they put that on the DVD" categories.

I wasn't offended or anything. It was just... wow. Keep in mind this was RIGHT after it happened.

I'm sorry, but mobile games do NOT directly compete with games on the 3DS or the Vita.

I have an iPad and a Droid RAZR--and while I have a /ton/ of games on Steam, half a dozen Wii games, and a good sized PS3 library--I only ever play mobile games when I'm on the toilet or getting the oil in my car changed (and that because I don't own a 3DS).

People who buy microtransactions for mobile games only do so because they /only have/ mobile games. It's not because we who grew up playing Super Mario Bros. and the Legend of Zelda have presumably (according to these idiots) graduated to Flappy Bird and Candy Crush Saga.

I'm sorry, but mobile games do NOT directly compete with games on the 3DS or the Vita.

I have an iPad and a Droid RAZR--and while I have a /ton/ of games on Steam, half a dozen Wii games, and a good sized PS3 library--I only ever play mobile games when I'm on the toilet or getting the oil in my car changed (and that because I don't own a 3DS).

People who buy microtransactions for mobile games only do so because they /only have/ mobile games. It's not because we who grew up playing Super Mario Bros. and the Legend of Zelda have presumably (according to these idiots) graduated to Flappy Bird and Candy Crush Saga.

To be fair, something like Flappy Bird is a terrible game, but it didn't actually have any microtransactions. It just had some ads.I don't know why more mobile games don't do that instead of the pay tons of money to actually do a video game approach everyone seems to have.

To be fair, something like Flappy Bird is a terrible game, but it didn't actually have any microtransactions. It just had some ads.I don't know why more mobile games don't do that instead of the pay tons of money to actually do a video game approach everyone seems to have.

- rooted android/jailbroken Idevices can install premium (no ads whatsoever) apps without paying for them, but still have the DLC locked out

- For ads you need to be connected to an ad server. You don't have mobile device constantly connected to the internet.

- At home you can set your router to block ad servers

-Pirated premium apps rarely have the DLC unlocked. One needs to connect to the internet to acces these microtransactions and DLC

- rooted android/jailbroken Idevices can install premium (no ads whatsoever) apps without paying for them, but still have the DLC locked out

- For ads you need to be connected to an ad server. You don't have mobile device constantly connected to the internet.

- At home you can set your router to block ad servers

-Pirated premium apps rarely have the DLC unlocked. One needs to connect to the internet to acces these microtransactions and DLC