Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF_John

Day 7

Getting ready for the home stretch!

- Boy is in! (not animated yet)

- Jolt attack is in!

- Mission scripting and VO are in, you can play through the whole experience with a couple of shortcuts

- Lots of climate and materials work

- trees!

- And beautiful California golden grass

Looks great! Any chance there will be any leaping in the prototype?

I was thinking about what Kee was saying in one of the videos about bringing more attention to the horse than the rider. It might be too difficult for the prototype, but maybe you can have instant replays (sort of like in Brutal Legend when Eddie does special finishing moves on enemies in slow mo), only you'd show it with the camera on Bell's front so you can see her facial expression. Some events that could trigger the instant replay could be like completing a mini-quest like winning a race or saving Twig. You could show Bell proud from victory or sad from defeat. Just tossing some ideas.

Looks great! Any chance there will be any leaping in the prototype?

I was thinking about what Kee was saying in one of the videos about bringing more attention to the horse than the rider. It might be too difficult for the prototype, but maybe you can have instant replays (sort of like in Brutal Legend when Eddie does special finishing moves on enemies in slow mo), only you'd show it with the camera on Bell's front so you can see her facial expression. Some events that could trigger the instant replay could be like completing a mini-quest like winning a race or saving Twig. You could show Bell proud from victory or sad from defeat. Just tossing some ideas.

If the AF 2014 grass tech keeps on improving, peeps are going to suspect me of smoking some weird stuff when I keep repeating "I LOVE THEIR GRASS MAN!" over and over.

If the AF 2014 grass tech keeps on improving, peeps are going to suspect me of smoking some weird stuff when I keep repeating "I LOVE THEIR GRASS MAN!" over and over.

Sign in to follow this