Sign in to follow this  
Vectorferret

Musical Scores?

So, last year we got the scores to the AF games (which were awesome, especially Autonomous and Hack & Slash). As the sound team at DF seems to be doing appropriate music for this round of games as well, any chance we can get a score album as well. It was a pleasant surprise last time for sure. Even if it's just on your bandcamp (and the price isn't too high).

It'd be great if DF would include the prototype soundtracks for download as part of the Humble Bundle purchase like last year. Especially since the documentaries went public this year, which I think was a good decision for making people aware of how cool AF is, but did reduce the value of the Humble Bundle to voting and the prototypes. The soundtracks would be a nice bonus to add some extra value.

This is just a wishlist, but along with the main soundtracks, it'd also be fun to have:

1) the unused track that Paul O'Rourke mentioned for Mnemonic here

2) any other unused music (Was Brian Min's Steed music used? It wasn't clear from the documentary since Brian got swamped with LPBB dialogue and Camden was mentioned as helping Steed later on.)

3) Camden Stoddard and Freddie Lee's music for the extended Headlander trailer (This one's a little debatable since the game could still get made and so it might make sense to hold off on any soundtrack, but on the other hand, one track is just a teaser and seems like it could increase people's emotional investment in the game, if DF would still like to make it.)

Hmmmm....cool idea for the Headlander trailer music. Will talk to production about it, but yeah, bit of a special category.

Would love to flesh out the song a bit as well. Freddie and I only had a couple days to do it and I think it deserves more.

Thanks for the interest! :)

Hmmmm....cool idea for the Headlander trailer music. Will talk to production about it, but yeah, bit of a special category.

That would be cool! I really like that track: it always gets stuck in my head after playing the trailer. I just hope we'll get to see a full Headlander Soundtrack one day....

In case you haven't noticed it yet:

The AF2014 soundtrack is now up your humblebundle page.

Seventeen tunes, all in all, with seven for DL, four for LPBB and Mnemonic each, and two for Steed.

Very nice. :D

Edit: counting is hard. >.<

Sign in to follow this