Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

Sick Ass OSTs!

I listen to way too many OSTs for anime and games. I'm always looking for some good ones to listen to. Post some of your favorites here. Also wouldn't be opposed to OSTs from TV shows and movies. Keep in mind, this is OSTs. Not opening themes. Here are some of my favorites.

Amon Tobin ‎– Chaos Theory - The Soundtrack To Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory [Ninja Tune ‎– ZEN 100]

HEALTH ‎– Max Payne 3 Official Soundtrack [Rockstar Games ‎– 46219-1]

Austin Wintory ‎– Journey - Original Soundtrack [sumthing Else Music Works ‎– SE-3009-2]

Jason Graves ‎– Tomb Raider - Original Soundtrack [sumthing Else Music Works ‎– SE-3052-2]

Olivier Deriviere ‎– Remember Me Original Soundtrack [Capcom]

Not going to take the time to find the OSTs in a free online listenable form, but I'll give a small list of stuff I like:

I really like the adventure line song from "Bits of Music from the Stanley Parable", by Blake Robinson, and the song title is "Following Stanley". It's not the musically best piece I've heard, but it's darn brilliant when it appears in the game.

One of several really good pieces from Deus Ex is Alexander Brandon's "The Synapse (Hong Kong Streets)"/"The Synapse"/"Hong Kong Streets" (name depends on which of several OST album variants you have, the first being the one listed on the physical CD that came with the GotY version used) from the Deus Ex soundtrack by Alexander Brandon, Dan Gardopee and Michiel van des Bos.

Jets'n'Guns soundtrack by Machinae Supremacy (gratis download from their site, highly recommended!) has a few amazing fast pace action songs, as fitting to a sidescrolling space shooter. "Flight of the Toyota" is probably my favorite, with "Insectoid" being close second.

"Title"/"Theme"/"Worms Theme" from the Worms soundtrack by Bjørn Lynne is one of the amazing soundtracks of my childhood, though I must say the Boggy B stories are probably the most enjoyable to hear from that franchise. Not sure which title is correct as I don't actually own the CD and have to go by the various titles used on youtube vids of it.

"I'm a Medieval Man" on the WarCraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal expansion CD (DOS version. The Battle.NET Windows version was both original game and ewxpansion and IIRC didn't contain the soundtrack in a CD player playable form.) by Blizzard is pretty great as well, and in general I think the WarCraft II soundtrack is Blizzard's strongest.

"Strains of Insanity" from Chrono Trigger is a very good mood setter and is just awesome.

Jonathan Coulton's "Still Alive" for Portal can't be left out of a list like this, even though it's been a great hit and almost played overly often.

And to throw in a track from a TV series of my childhood, Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs has some really good tracks, and one of my favorite opening themes.

Austin Wintory's Journey soundtrack, obviously.

Broken Age, lately, I've been enjoying.

Rayman Legends

Risk of Rain

I love the soundtrack to Alan Wake. Petri Alanko did a fantastic job with it.

Always had a thing for the Halo ODST one. the familiarity of Halo, but with that unique New Mombasa feel.

Sign in to follow this