Sign in to follow this  
btmarino84

The Dreaded Black Screen

Hello All,

Earlier today I decided to finally buy Iron Brigade and give it a shot. I was pretty excited to start it up. I came across the issue where it opens up to a black screen. No cursor, no sound, no nothing. I let it sit for quite awhile to see if it would eventually start it up but it became very clear that it would not. I did everything I could think of (ran the installs of the programs that steam installs manually, made sure it was opening with my Nvida card and not "integrated intel graphics") but am stumped. I'm not super techy so some of the other solutions I have seen were not things I knew how to implement. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. This is the first time with this year old or so computer that I've had an issue with a game. They've all run smooth, which has made me really happy because I almost always had some sort of problem going on with all my games.

That sux, man...I hope someone can help you out...friggin' love Iron Brigade....hate steam though. Too much bs just to play a game, especially if you want to play offline, even though u paid for it...steam loves its DRM crap way too much. Easy/expensive solution is getting it for 360.... that does defeat the purpose of a high end comp what does gaming, however....anywho...good luck...great game.

Yeah I'm debating just getting it from Xbox but I'm gonna try a few more things before buying it twice haha. Then again I'd just be supporting Double Fine so I don't mind that.

Ah! Fixed it. Deleting and reinstalling didn't work but "Verifying the local game cache" under properties did discover some missing files that Steam then redownloaded! Now it works great.

sweet! go shoot some tubes. Btw, missions for monies...survival for xp. Sell everything that you can't equip (anything more than 2 snipers or 6 machine guns in your inventory, for example) and duplicates of chassis to get loot faster....it takes a looooong time to get that white tuxedo. I gladly support DF to a ridiculous level. I bought Happy Action Theater for the kinect when it was on sale a year or so before I had access to a kinect (my wife and I are borrowing her mother's kinect atm, actually). I would have backed massive chalice, but no one got back to me officially whether or not my old-@ss macbook (4.1) running snow leopard would be able to run the game.

DF games I have: The Cave, Psychonauts, DF HAT, Kinect Party, Stacking, Costume Quest, Iron Brigade. I backed Broken Age but I'm waiting till the beta is over....I dislike steam. *Edit* I forgot MMOJ!

I bought the Iron Brigade t-shirt and a floaty pen from the shop but they didn't arrive in the mail before I left the U.S. to move to Australia.

I also had a Naked Aggression CD and a pair of shoes I ordered on the way in the mail as well....but thats not DF related.

A freak storm that hit at 2am which lasted for 2 hours knocked the power out over 1/2 the state for 4 days persuaded me to order my ticket a month early. Ironically....the night before my flight, the power came back on. I took it as some sorta omen that was making sure i'd leave.

Prolly a HAARP test, as a friend suggested.

@JediJedah

Since you dislike Steam: the fine folks at Double Fine released the DRM-free version of Broken Age Part 1.

You should find it on your backer's page on humblebundle by now....

Download and enjoy! :D

@JediJedah

Since you dislike Steam: the fine folks at Double Fine released the DRM-free version of Broken Age Part 1.

You should find it on your backer's page on humblebundle by now....

Download and enjoy! :D

THANKYOU....i was a slackerbacker, to be honest (heard about it a few days after it ended)..need to look into this..

i didn't have HIB involved w/ broken age when i backed it on kickstarter...idk...but it would be friggin' sweet to play this thing