Sign in to follow this  
DF_John

Day 9

Almost there! Stay on target!

- boy anims are in

- new clouds and god rays

- water and mill vfx

- combat tuning and new tuning knobs in the melee system give me full control of branch windows

- "horse-action" button is in

- new terrain texture

- sounds!

- other things!

The whole scenario is playable, so now it's time for polish, bug fixes, and adding some easter eggs!

screenshot: jolt-jumping around with glee!

Nice! I really like the new coloring on the terrain.

What's this? Context-sensitive interaction?

Nice! I really like the new coloring on the terrain.

What's this? Context-sensitive interaction?

Yeah - it'll let you eat nearby edibles or shake your head, paw the ground, etc. It's coming in towards the end so it's more of a bonus feature.

The way you bang these prototypes out makes me wonder why most games take 3+ years to complete..! Big kudos to everyone ;)

This looks all so awesome, I can't wait to start horsing around with it... :P

You guys are galloping in a steedy rhythm towards the finish line in this amnesia fortnight derby,

almost there, now go and finish the race! :D

I'll be here all week, tip your waitresses! (we only feed and stable them....)

The way you bang these prototypes out makes me wonder why most games take 3+ years to complete..! Big kudos to everyone ;)

It's the Ninety-ninety rule, the first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time. You'd be surprised to know how much time actually goes to things like balancing, polishing up features, finding bugs, optimizing, testing etc.

It's the Ninety-ninety rule, the first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time. You'd be surprised to know how much time actually goes to things like balancing, polishing up features, finding bugs, optimizing, testing etc.

Yup, that's true most of the time. But I'm still in awe of how much work DF is able to do in small teams during these 10 days. As a comparison - in the company I work in we've been doing a single stage of a prototype for a month now, and it doesn't seem like we're reaching the finish line. I think it's a question of organisation - since Amnesia Fortnight works with well rounded ideas, there's a feeling you're working towards a specific goal and with a specific vision in mind. Unfortunately, not so with the project I'm working on. Clarity of design gets much, much harder when publishers have a say about it, believe you me.

I'm happy Steed was chosen and that you feel like you're on schedule. Can't wait to play it, and maybe play the official published version in a year or so, hmm? :)

Hey guys, first post here. :)

I would suggest that the boy shoud react to the enemies, like, trying to hit them with a swird and/or arrows, and failing at that, letting the player know that he (the horse) must do everything.

Eager to play.

If you want the player to feel like the horse even when the boy or other people are on the horse, wouldn't one solution to be that the rider on the horse lagged behind in animations if you know what I mean. The horse move snappy like now, but if you are the rider and the horse dictates all the moves, your body wouldn't be ready and anticipating every move. This would give the visual feedback that the horse is what you are controlling and the rider is just trying to hold on and stay on the horse.

in the company I work in we've been doing a single stage of a prototype for a month now, and it doesn't seem like we're reaching the finish line

But what if you forced yourself to stop after only 2 weeks? I bet a lot of the indecision, iteration and tweaking that always consumes a ton of time on longer term projects would disappear, and you'd have SOMETHING, even if it's not exactly what you originally wanted. That's part of the trick of AF!

Sign in to follow this