Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF_John

Day 10 - and.... DONE!

Mission COMPLETE!

Today we finished the Steed prototype! We got in the last few things, mixed the audio, polished stuff up, and added a few easter eggs. I'm super proud of this team and what we accomplished this AF. Thanks to all Steed team members for rocking hard and making this idea become a reality. Thanks to everyone who has been following along on the forums and streams, and a special thanks to everyone who believed in this prototype enough to vote for it!

THANKS!

Day 1...

Steed_day_1.jpg

Day 10!

Steed_day_10.jpg

-------

and a daily gif

steed_days.gif

WOOT!

Congrats, Team Steed!

Can't wait to play it along with all of the other AF games!

This was my primary vote and I have to say:

WOW! What a transformation from days 1 to 10!

Team Steed truly made something wonderful in such a short time!

You guys should be very proud indeed!

Looking forward to see it in action on the play day stream later today,

and I'm looking even more forward to get to play it soon!

(and maybe a full version some time in the not too distant future ;) )

Again, congrats, Team Steed!

hey John, apart from the prototype, I'd like to say one of the highlights of this year's AF is your attitude.

Seriously, you're always in a good mood, optimistic and calm. You also do your best to boost your team's self steem, but not only that, you're able to communicate all the passion you have for this project to your team mates. That's perceivable from your voice, from the words you choose, from your body language, everything.

I'm sure your team is as happy to have worked with you on this as you all are proud of what you have achieved.

Congrats!

Here's a wallpapery thing - its actually a screenshot from our depth buffer debug mode!

steeed_depth.jpg

And the crazy bit is that the game in action looks better than that screenshot!

Looks good - congrats you guys.

Watching episode 9 had me thinking:

We see the boy on the horse talking to it, with the horse answering with horse noises.

If we are the horse, wouldn't it be fun if what the boy was saying was all gibberish to us, but perhaps we could understand single words within that gibberish from experience.

Then the horse could have an understandable voice, like us hearing it's thoughts. That way we would have a narrator in the game, which could help us understand what is going on. Like:

"Oh well.. Here we go again. I guess it's time for me to once again save his sorry ass"..

Just my 2p. Good job you guys. Seriously enjoyd following your work :D

The game looked really great in Tim's playthrough, can't wait to play it myself :) Awesome work!

Looks good - congrats you guys.

Watching episode 9 had me thinking:

We see the boy on the horse talking to it, with the horse answering with horse noises.

If we are the horse, wouldn't it be fun if what the boy was saying was all gibberish to us, but perhaps we could understand single words within that gibberish from experience.

Kind of like that episode of Frasier from Eddie's point of view! He's watching the family have an argument about him and all he understands is the word "Eddie". Damn funny.

Hey there, Steed looks very interresting. If you want to add some fantasy/story background i recommend the books of Mercedes Lackey. *Spoilers* It is a fantasy setting in which young Humans with the potential to become mages get souldbounded by a companion. The Companion is a *really! spoilers!* reborn/appeared soul of a mage which died in the past. They come as guides and protectors. There is mindtalk involved. They are reborn/appearing in the shape of a horse. (thats the connection to the game ;) )

The books are light entertainment but a have a few very interessting ideas.

Hope it will inspire you :)

Hey there, Steed looks very interresting. If you want to add some fantasy/story background i recommend the books of Mercedes Lackey. *Spoilers* It is a fantasy setting in which young Humans with the potential to become mages get souldbounded by a companion. The Companion is a *really! spoilers!* reborn/appeared soul of a mage which died in the past. They come as guides and protectors. There is mindtalk involved. They are reborn/appearing in the shape of a horse. (thats the connection to the game ;) )

The books are light entertainment but a have a few very interessting ideas.

Hope it will inspire you :)

Cool! I haven't heard of the series, but will check it out! Thanks for the recommendation!

Your welcome

The Last Herald Mage Trilogy

Magic's Pawn (1989)

Magic's Promise (1990)

Magic's Price (1990)

The Last Herald Mage (1990 - omnibus)

Her books allways start with a character with a lot of selfpitty.. don't let that stop you from reading, it gets (much) better ..

It is allways a "Coming of age" story

http://mercedeslackey.com/biblio_series.html

Sign in to follow this