Sign in to follow this  
Kaffeebohnson

When will the Prototypes be available?

Last year they had them available by tomorrow. They had builds working, but had some changes to make in order to make them downloadable and not debug builds..etc.

Last year they had them available by tomorrow. They had builds working, but had some changes to make in order to make them downloadable and not debug builds..etc.

I do not recall it like that. Even if you count in this year's Monday, your estimation would be Thursday.

Yet my Humble Bundle and exe file dates are saying Dec, 15 2012 ... which was a Saturday. Steam cannot have been much earlier?

Maybe in half an hour, maybe in 24 plus half an hour ... drumroll ...

Steam cannot have been much earlier?
Last year the separate downloads came before Steam. No idea if it stays that way this year.

I do not recall it like that. Even if you count in this year's Monday, your estimation would be Thursday.

Yet my Humble Bundle and exe file dates are saying Dec, 15 2012 ... which was a Saturday. Steam cannot have been much earlier?

Maybe in half an hour, maybe in 24 plus half an hour ... drumroll ...

The Humble Bundle files were all uploaded, then shortly after brought down and then updated and reuploaded later. I have my original download files dated 2012-12-14, and I might not have been awake when the actually uploaded them, so might have downloaded the next day.

The LPBB progress thread mentioned they were waiting to clean it up just a bit before the steam release so my guess is that it'll come out there at the same time

It's friday (friday)

so I'm refreshing af humble page from time to time hoping to see prototypes there

gaaaaaah, I've been waiting all day; 1am now (swedish time) It's sad, I was hoping for prototypes all week. Ah well, I know DF is hard at work giving us something they can be proud of.

It's so close!

They're tested and ready. We're in the middle of build transfers and the final crossing of Is and dotting of Ts. We'll announce when they're live.

It's so close!

They're tested and ready. We're in the middle of build transfers and the final crossing of Is and dotting of Ts. We'll announce when they're ready.

Woooo!

It's so close!

They're tested and ready. We're in the middle of build transfers and the final crossing of Is and dotting of Ts. We'll announce when they're live.

Can't wait to find out what the potatoes are all about. A big thank you to all the DFers and 2PPers who made the last three weeks a lot of fun.

It's so close!

Thank you for all your hard work!

All I want to do right now is chill with Big Leg. And navigate my broken memories. And run a country. And be a horse.

Yet another sneak peek into game dev! Prepping games for distribution is a long and complicated process and needs to be done just so, otherwise everyone gets a broken game! I keep checking in for reactions from you guys, so I'm as anxious as anyone! But be assured that folks are doing everything they can to get you these prototypes as soon as is humanly possible!

Hang in there, guys!

Love,

Dan

Now that I think about it, I think the work and stress involved in this process should be documented as much as the development of the game. However, this stage is usually pretty humorless and frustrating, so maybe it wouldn't make for great viewing!

Good luck!

Where are going to find the keys when they're up? Our Humble Bundle page?

Thanks for the update, Dan. I'm sure there were still some pretty chunky bugs leftover to fix over the last few days as well.

Thanks for the update, Dan. I'm sure there were still some pretty chunky bugs leftover to fix over the last few days as well.

For the most part we were all good about leaving the games alone after AF (other than doing some compat testing for different graphics cards and OS versions). I know on LPBB we pretty much fixed like 2-3 really minor things and then had to do some stuff to make a lower quality setting for running on things like integrated GPUs. These games can definitely be broken! But AF is done, there's something to be said for seeing a half-baked pie, and that is what we promised you!

That said there's still a bunch of stuff required to get a game on steam (stuff like icons + readme.txts and all the steam pipe setup) and it just takes time, man! Also all of us went back to our regular projects on Wednesday, in a fog, so all the build setup is done on borrowed time! Still! It's all done afaik and we're just waiting on somebody important to flip our giant lightswitch!

UPDATE: looks like humble just fired some shots!

LPBB is not only missing for me, right?

I'll be playing the others first by necessity, then. :)

Edit: I did beat the average by a fair margin, btw!

Was just about to post this. LPBB is the only game on Humble that currently isn't available for download.

-EDIT- It's up now, go nuts.

I paid at the $35 level, no LPBB in my humble library...

:/

I'm sure it's just an error.

I'll play Mnemonic first. I wanted to play all the spoilery prototypes first. :)

Edit: Oh! Well. download is slow, Mnemonic will remain first anyway.

Edit edit: LPBB is huge in file size compared to the other prototypes. May explain the extra wait!

Sign in to follow this