Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaffeebohnson

When will the Prototypes be available?

Mnemonic on Steam won't run for me either. I get the launcher to pop up but after that nothing happens.

Little Pink Best Buds on Steam is also acting weird. At first it didn't show up in Steam and after awhile it did. I downloaded it and it showed as "pre-load complete" and wouldn't let me play it. I restarted my computer and now it's completely gone.

So ugh... this is weird. I was installing LPBB, went to the bathroom, came back and it's not in my library any more.

Yeah, it disappeared for me too.

So ugh... this is weird. I was installing LPBB, went to the bathroom, came back and it's not in my library any more.

Yeah, it disappeared for me too.

Oh well, I'll play the drm version and I'm going to assume this will sort its self out. I t still shows up in the transactions so I'm going to guess they know what's going on. Maybe steam found some weird exploit in it they're afraid of.

Hey if you're having the issue where you can access LPBB on the humble site but the steam key does nothing, please send an email to support@doublefine.com so we can try and see if there's anything we can see wrong.

I played through lpbb once on steam and then it vanished like magic. mnemonic doesn't run after the launcher does sadly!

Yeah Little Pink Best Buds is no longer in my steam library. The files are in my steamapps folder though and run fine if opened through windows explorer, and it's listed in my steam account as something i purchased, but can't launch the game through steam since it seems to not be aware it exists anymore.

Glad to see LPBB not showing up is a known issue. Easy enough just to play the standard executable download from Humble.

Just got home, looking forward to firing these up!!!

Yeah it seems like it keeps appearing and disappearing from Steam. Really weird. Stand-alone version works tho!

Hey if you're having the issue where you can access LPBB on the humble site but the steam key does nothing, please send an email to support@doublefine.com so we can try and see if there's anything we can see wrong.

Email sent!

(edit) We think we've figured it out. We're rubbing Valve on it now. Thanks for the reports!

(edit) The Valve has been rubbed. Please let us know if the problem persists even after restarting Steam.

I don't get LPBB in Steam either - but there was no problem using the direct download link on the Humble Bundle Redemption page, so it's no biggie :).

If the Steam version of Mnemonic isn’t working for you, right-click on the game in steam, then go to -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files, and then run Mnemonic_NoSteam.exe (it's worth the effort!)

(edit) We think we've figured it out. We're rubbing Valve on it now. Thanks for the reports!

(edit) The Valve has been rubbed. Please let us know if the problem persists even after restarting Steam.

Yep, it redownloaded on its own and now works fine. Thanks for getting it fixed!

If the Steam version of Mnemonic isn’t working for you, right-click on the game in steam, then go to -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files, and then run Mnemonic_NoSteam.exe (it's worth the effort!)

The launcher seems to be giving some people problems. I've added a Steam option to allow you to launch directly into the game; restart Steam if you don't see it.

This method is working fine for me. The launcher not so much, and I think I hit a bug with the key too. I'll give it another run-thru tomorrow. You guys really need to get your hands on that newer Occulus Rift prototype and try it out again. :)

Sign in to follow this