Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GNordell

Play testing?

I just watched the wrap-up for Day 9. One thing that stood out at the end of the video was when Derek said he can speed run Mnemonic in 30-60 seconds. That sounded surprisingly fast! Obviously for new players this will be totally different.

My general question is how much would you guys want to see videos of us playing these games? I think that for a prototype it must be more valuable than it is for a fully shipped game. There is so much less time to play-test, and see when/where people get stuck. I've never made a "Let's Play" or anything, but I might be willing to give it a shot if it would actually be helpful for you guys.

Who knows, maybe dozens of people will already be doing this and one more extra video wouldn't even make a difference.

There will undoubtedly be YT videos of all of the prototypes. Would like to see a high profile but serious youtuber like Nerd³, but even smaller channels like Northernlion, pick up on AF2014 and spread the love. This year seems like it has very enjoyable and playable prototypes and they could of course throw in the AF2012 prototypes too since those are included in the bundle. Last AF the coverage was rather small and obscure channels only.

Nerd³

Then post about it on his subreddit. Or tweet at him. Those are the best ways to go about it, so long as you don't pester or demand. Though, I'd imagine he has some things already planned/recorded so it'll be awhile before he could get to them.

Sign in to follow this