Sign in to follow this  
Thales42

Wrap-up play-through of finished prototypes

After the last day of development, there was some sort of studio wide play-through of all the prototypes. Since not all recordings of the past streams are available on Twitch I'm not sure whether or not it was live streamed.

I don't remember seeing anything related to that in the stream schedule on the day those play-troughs happened, and so I was wondering if there would be any videos made available of that meeting?

After the last day of development, there was some sort of studio wide play-through of all the prototypes. Since not all recordings of the past streams are available on Twitch I'm not sure whether or not it was live streamed.

I don't remember seeing anything related to that in the stream schedule on the day those play-troughs happened, and so I was wondering if there would be any videos made available of that meeting?

It's on twitch, at least as of last night. Make sure you are going to More Videos -> Past Broadcasts (twitch is terrible at showing all the videos in the right bar). It's labeled "Day 10" (though I think this is wrong... Believe it was actually day 11) and I want to say like 2ish hours long? (maybe closer to 3? Don't remember exactly) Look for them playing White Birch and the old Spacebase prototype at the beginning and you'll know its the right one.

And the games look awesome. Can't wait to play them!

LPBB seems creepyweird in the best way...

Dear Leader is gorgeous, and I can't wait to dive into the narrative.

Mnemonic has the best ambience, it looks incredible, and I can't quite wrap my head around yet how it will play.

And Steed? Steed looks ridiculously fun to play!

Thanks a lot! I do remember watching them play the old prototypes, I guess I barely missed the playthroughs that day.

Now I don't know if I'll watch them play first or if I'll wait for the downloads to be up and play beforehand... Decisions, decisions!

Thanks a bunch for the link!

I missed that this was the video with the Play Day footage, due to the old episode stuff at the beginning of the video (FYI - The Play Day stuff starts at about the 01:15:00).

watch out for spoilers though!

LPBB has a huge potato scene pretty early on (before anyone is selected), i was not expecting that.

Mnenomic is naturally a huge spoiler.

Steed and Dear Leader are ok to watch i guess, not too many spoilers.

My plan is to re-watch it after i have played the games.

btw, today i discovered the team playtroughs of the AF 2012 games (recorded 1.5 months after AF) on the humble bundle site. Not sure if these are also on youtube. Also, they do Brazen, technically not an AF 2012 game.

btw, today i discovered the team playtroughs of the AF 2012 games (recorded 1.5 months after AF) on the humble bundle site. Not sure if these are also on youtube. Also, they do Brazen, technically not an AF 2012 game.

Thanks, I didn't know these existed. There needs to be a better more centralised place to find all the 2PP stuff.

Well if AF2012 is anything to go by they'll get a couple of members of each team and have them play through their prototype in a couple of weeks. Analyzing what went wrong, what went right, and explaining why they felt the need to spend time on including a poop animation.

Jallen: That should be obvious- Tim asked John about it in the interview after the first voting round, so how could he leave it out?

That was meant to come across as a "har, har, innocuous rhetorical" not a "I'm annoyed that they wasted time on it and I demand answers" but I can see how it could come across that way. Then again you could be facetious as well, and not defensive, as I'm reading your post. Oh the mystery of intent and tone, no wonder Best Buds had problems with it. ;)

Sign in to follow this