Sign in to follow this  
DF_John

Playing Steed - Controls, Options, Tips, 'N Things!

Here's a thread with some info on playing the Steed prototype!

how_to_play_header.jpg

Controls: Steed works with keyboard and mouse or a game controller:

Controls.jpg

Command-Line Options: We didn't have time to create a full game-customization UI for Steed, but you can still set resolution and other performance options from the command line or by making a .bat file:

Example: Turn off Grass Rendering This is helpful if you have a slow GPU!

Steed.exe -cfg renderGrass=false

Other options examples:

-width 1280

-height 720

-fullscreen

-forcewindowed

-syncframerate

-ssaa2x

-ssaa4x

Other Performance Tips:

- Upgrade your graphics card drivers!

ATI / AMD - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Nvidia - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

FYI, the game was saying LB or RB would Jolt the rider, but RB was the only button that seemed to work.

Just noticed the same issue as kksmith.

Also a question: I found Mnemonic and LPBB easter eggs/cameos and ate/stomped on/cast spells at them. I climbed a tree. I climbed an invisible wall. I rolled over lots of Grexen. I hid inside a rock. I saw a small slice of the inside of the Millibrary. I ate the carrots and the apples and the pumpkins from Costume Quest and the candy. I pooped. But I found no Dear Leader easter egg. Is there one?

Also, I noticed that using the Steam F12 screenshot button the controller stopped working until I had pressed one of the sticks of my controller (possibly the face buttons or D-pad, but not the trigger or moving the sticks.)

Also a question: I found Mnemonic and LPBB easter eggs/cameos and ate/stomped on/cast spells at them. I climbed a tree. I climbed an invisible wall. I rolled over lots of Grexen. I hid inside a rock. I saw a small slice of the inside of the Millibrary. I ate the carrots and the apples and the pumpkins from Costume Quest and the candy. I pooped. But I found no Dear Leader easter egg. Is there one?

Also, I noticed that using the Steam F12 screenshot button the controller stopped working until I had pressed one of the sticks of my controller (possibly the face buttons or D-pad, but not the trigger or moving the sticks.)

We didn't get anything from dear leader in, but awesome job finding the Easter eggs!

As for the LB RB prompt - that's my bad. I thought we could easily hook both buttons to the same game command but it turned out to be more complicated than a simple remap. I changed the controller screen but forgot that prompt!

Did you find the Stacking doll? :)

Did you find the Stacking doll? :)
No. Darn, now I have to go search for that!

*edit* Okay, I just missed it my previous time searching for it it seems. Here it is!

2014-03-09_00007.jpg

2014-03-09_00007.jpg.2d7d3ea8d1c25ecb3fc

Hey really had trouble with the camera due to no invert Y but made it through - hope you get to spend more time on this project :D

Sign in to follow this