Sign in to follow this  
buckysrevenge

Mnemonic Feedback

Great mood and music - the lighting is awesome. I've gotten through four doors and made some of the connections between memories, but I'm stuck with a key and hearing a lot of "I'd love for this item to work here, but it doesn't". Sigh. BTW, except for some graphical issues, this works under Linux via Wine.

Just got through the game and aside from one point where i got stuck it was pretty easy though out. One bug i found is that it lets you get the picture twice for some reason.

The hint for the key didn't help me in the least.

Maybe mine is bugged...

but I've tried the key and the photo on every blue pop up I can with only the this doesn't work here dialog.

The game looks, feels and is quite incredible... but I don't know what I could be missing here.

Also, where's the duck!?

nope, I don't get it :( What do I do with the damn key? Or with the damn picture (which I have twice)

I figured out the picture pretty easily - you ever notice that the dark alley seems a little too dark...? The love the lights of the city skyline...

Thank you. I got the picture thingie. It's just that I have tried to use it from too close the target (I assumed based on the game experience that I have to use the inventory object as close as possible to the target object).

It was easy then. Very very interesting game, I would certainly want a full game out of this. Best in the Amnesia this year for me.

I finally got the key to work. For some reason, it didn't work the first time through. Not sure what to do now. I guess I'm missing some of the items, since I haven't done anything in the far left door yet.

I finally got the key to work. For some reason, it didn't work the first time through. Not sure what to do now. I guess I'm missing some of the items, since I haven't done anything in the far left door yet.

Well, I guess you know where to yuse the key now to open a new door. Look well around on the balcony.

I can't actually get the game to start at all. It is downloaded but it will only start up the little launcher and regardless of what I select it will simply not start. :(

Was looking forward to checking this out!

I can't actually get the game to start at all. It is downloaded but it will only start up the little launcher and regardless of what I select it will simply not start. :(

Was looking forward to checking this out!

I had this problem too (with the Steam version). I downloaded the stand-alone copy from Humble Bundle and that worked for me.

Derek, you're a genius! Seriously, that key puzzle was awesome. Great story, I especially liked listening to the recording of the ink blot test given to the patient. I want to know what happens next!

after using the key for the first time, I do not know what to do with it now lol...

but this has to be turned into a full game, seriously, this is so good!!!! Derek, you're a genius! :)

I noticed now why the key didn't work for me the first time... the key was different. The third time through the key was like it was the first time I played - I assume this is part of a puzzle, but I'm not sure what trigger changes the key to make it work (I don't remember what I did differently the second time) :(

Wow!

I was NOT expecting this prototype to have the most complete and intriguing narrative of the bunch, especially considering the troubled early days of its development (at least according to the footage editing room). But it's definitely a well-thought out story which unfolds at a good pace, and has some interesting puzzle mechanics.

Excellent stuff!

I noticed now why the key didn't work for me the first time... the key was different. The third time through the key was like it was the first time I played - I assume this is part of a puzzle, but I'm not sure what trigger changes the key to make it work (I don't remember what I did differently the second time) :(

hmm I was stuck after using the key for the first time. I replayed the game from the get go and realized what I had to do.

Playing the Steam version of this the game just straight up won't launch. I get the initial launcher screen with the check boxes for Full Screen and Invert Y Axis, but when I hit "Run Mnemonic" nothing happens.

Loved this game! Really felt like a complete package, the whole idea of the memories and the hub was really interesting and well done. Could easily see this being turned into a much larger game. The fact that certain areas of things (ex newspapers) were blurred out because they hadn't been read was genius. It also felt GREAT to figure out the key thing by myself, such a satisfying little puzzle :)

Note: If the Steam version isn't working for you, right-click on the game in steam, then go to -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files, and then run Mnemonic_NoSteam.exe

Finally figured out the last puzzle - great job Derek and team! The lighting, music, and look is awesome! I'm glad it all came together in the end!

I voted for this prototype to be made simply due to the concept and the awesome visual style of Derek. While watching the AF documentary episodes I became worried; Derek obviously wasn't one to stand in front of a lot of people which made him extremely nervous and unsure of his idea. Thanks to Brad, Andy and the rest of the Mnemonic team, Dereks' vision for the game came to fruition and it was an absolute joy to play.

In terms of feedback I have 2 main issues both stemming from the fact that this is a prototype:

1) Being that it's a first-person perspective game, a field of view slider/controller would have been fantastic. As it currently stands the FoV is ridiculously low at around 60ish when on PC it should be around 90ish.

2) The inventory system. During the playthrough streams both Tim and Isa had trouble managing the inventory and while I thought I wouldn't have those issues I did. It's not complex but it can be quite fiddly having to scroll with the mouse wheel, hold right click and then left click on the highlighted object. Is there a way to use keys to quickly change between (the at most 2) inventory items? Possibly Q and E or even 1 and 2. This is of course thinking about the future if this game should go into full production.

Other than that, congratulations to Derek and the Mnemonic team! Well done!

Finally figured out the last puzzle - great job Derek and team! The lighting, music, and look is awesome! I'm glad it all came together in the end!

yep, this is the best out of the bunch this year :)

After playing all the prototypes, this was by far the most original and promising one in my opinion. Obviously 2 weeks is not enough to fine-tune something like this, but it sure does a good job of selling the concept. And it looks amazingly close to the concept art from the first pitch!

Given a proper budget I believe this could be a future classic. The gameplay, although unpolished, really felt like something entirely new and managed to differentiate itself from other mystery/puzzle games.

Oh and also huge props to the sound designer. That creepy electronic ambience gave me vibes of early David Lynch movies like Eraserhead.

I really hope DF will consider this for a full game, I'd buy it day 1!

Is there a way to use keys to quickly change between (the at most 2) inventory items? Possibly Q and E or even 1 and 2

Actually 1 and 2 (the keys, not the numpad) should work as you suggest they should! We'll also continue discussing how we can make the controls more intuitive. Its something we feel is super important to a game like this, so let us hear about any suggestions you guys have!

D

Note: If the Steam version isn't working for you, right-click on the game in steam, then go to -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files, and then run Mnemonic_NoSteam.exe

Thanks, that did the trick.

So, this was probably my favorite of the bunch. The atmostphere and visual work was great, the puzzles were interesting, and I'd love to see what more could come of this concept. I can imagine making a longer game of this sort could be difficult, simply because it seems like it could be difficult to sustain the pace and cleverness to the puzzles over the course of multiple hours... but I would sure love to see them try to make it happen.

Great job to everyone involved with this one.

Same trouble with running the Steam version as everybody else had.

I found this prototype to be missing a quit option, like the Q on the help screen in Steed. Especially wanted when you hit the end and can't really do anything.

I found this prototype to be missing a quit option, like the Q on the help screen in Steed. Especially wanted when you hit the end and can't really do anything.

Did you try Escape? When I hit it, the game closes instantly.

Sign in to follow this