Sign in to follow this  
Matthew VanDevander

The Wicked End

Since I imagine not everyone will figure out this crazy games ending sequence, through all the weirdnesses and brokenness. I will just say, if you haven't seen the credits, you haven't seen the end.

Don't tease like that! I played through the same sequences 10 times over and I haven't gotten to the true end! Give a hint at least!

Like Penn, saying anything would spoil the surprise. I will give you this hint though - listen very, VERY carefully to Big Leg. When the [potato], run and look for something odd.

I never manage to run away, I always get stabbed. :(

Once I managed, but I don't know why, and I can't reproduce it. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for a Let's Play then...

Yup, I got it, strange stuff indeed.

I there another ending other than wicked ?

Not as far as I'm aware. I think the idea for a full game is to have many different but similarly weird endings and to expand out the day that you spend with your chosen bud.

That was a wicked ending indeed! Okay, so the part I had trouble with was figuring out that you could walk backwards out of the house. It wasn't clear that suddenly there's a hole in the back wall, lol! I'm glad I experienced that for myself! :)

I am glad you did as well. :D The whole prototype is definitely buggy, but without that bizarro ending the whole prototype fails to prove out the value of the idea. The chat script stuff working better is just a matter of having more dialogue and events written and put into the game. That takes time, as does ultimately making "all roads lead to potato," so to speak. So that part doesn't get proven out totally in the prototype, but the fundamental mystery behind the whole thing is a core concept as well, and I think that is undeniably compelling.

Since I imagine not everyone will figure out this crazy games ending sequence, through all the weirdnesses and brokenness. I will just say, if you haven't seen the credits, you haven't seen the end.

Shoot. Thank you.

I've been getting the stabby stabby bits after the fire and haven't been able to do anything else, so I'm just going to screw around with it more later. It's a lot more interesting than I thought it was going to be, and I'd love to the chat system fully worked out. I almost think the whole pointing bit could be simplified down to just being a pink guy selector so that your speech is directed at them. Otherwise it feels a little pointless right now. But the core is there! I want to play more of all four of the games, which is just great.

I'd spent 40 minutes walking back and forth and poking random things until I figured out that I didn't poke the right spot to activate the ending. Gah! But glad I stuck through it and made it!

That was so weird. And glorious.

Great job, team LPBB.

[spoiler....y]

.... Remember to crouch (right-click).

Haha- I decided to try it again after last night and I stumbled upon the ending. Funny thing is I had actually said those same things to the [potato]mouth in the ground[/potato] during the day before entering the house. And I agree, the hard part was figuring out to back out of the house during that long anim.

Very cool ending! Bravo to Team LPBB!

Can you let Big Leg out of the house after it potatoes?

I've finally seen the full potato, but it was glitching pretty hard when I saw it. I potatoed (entered the house) twice somehow, with the second time being all messed up with the buds potatoing (burning) and with all the potato items (table and eggs) from the previous time already deployed from the beginning of the scene. Also, after talking to the potato (ground mouth), nothing happened, but after the repeated potato scene, I jumped to a different potato (the robber's house).

I tried to do that, and somehow big leg ended up outside the house but he glitched out and just repeatedly tried to tell me to open the door to the house.

Cool, just got the actual ending.

Does anyone know what is actually happening?

***Does the hole in the ground link to the robbers mind and the sweater guy control him to get the car back to the meadow? Or the perspective just changes at that point? If so why would the robber go back to the meadow?***

I guess that this is the point of the prototype, to make people wonder what it's all about. I wasn't too sure but after experiencing the ending I would really be interested in a full game.

EDIT: How do I add spoiler tags? Ok sorted it :P

I really think it's just surprise for surprise's sake. There's not a lot of sense in it -- it seems like the ghost possesses the robber and forces him to drive his car out of the top-floor of the building back to Little Bud World and just stand there like an idiot while they eat him alive.

Pretty normal stuff.

Yh I get that things can be crazy and wacky, but I got the feeling that this game was more than just random weird stuff happening.

There is probably a back story for the robber and sweater guy and who owns the crazy trans-dimensional car.

I would expect that a full game would have multiple endings relating to the bud you pick and the events of the day. You could piece the story together by unlocking the individual endings. (but that is a huge amount of work)

Anyways I was interested in seeing how other people interpreted the ending :)

I tried to do that, and somehow big leg ended up outside the house but he glitched out and just repeatedly tried to tell me to open the door to the house.

We tried to do this too, and ended up back inside the house. The whole pre-potato house scene replayed, so we got to do that again.

At one point, under all the other buds yelling scary stuff at us, we heard Big Leg essentially saying goodbye to us, so I don't think there's supposed to be a way to save him.

Sign in to follow this