• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
frankie

Help? (spoiler)

I got the Skyline key but I don't understand where to use it. The only place where I saw a skyline is in the alley after I used the lamp there but I can't find a use point..

I need some help with the lamp, can't really figure that out. (I've tried in the ally, but can't really find anywhere to place it).

I need some help with the lamp, can't really figure that out. (I've tried in the ally, but can't really find anywhere to place it).

Spoiler

Hint 1:

***Don't think of it as a lamp, think of it as lights.****

Hint 2:

***Use it in the car scene.****

AHHH GOT IT :)

(I just needed the right distance I guess)

Yeah, I'm trying to fit the key to the Skyline, but I'm not sure where I have to stand, or maybe I got a bug. I got the message that I figured it out, but then all I keep getting is the generic "Doesn't work here" bit.

It would've been helpful to have a dedicated comment on this use of the item with a hint on how far or close I need to be in order to complete it. In this particular case the generic comment isn't very helpful.

I'm going to try it again tomorrow (it's almost midnight here in Poland).

@Lord_Kristof **spoiler** **that's not the place to use the key after "figuring it out"**

HELP! I'm still stuck on the key and postcard puzzles. I know I have to use the key on the Skyline in the first area, but can't find the right spot. Should I be looking to the left or right skyscrapers, where should I be standing? Near or far from the lamp? And the postcard?!? ARG!! Help!

HELP! I'm still stuck on the key and postcard puzzles. I know I have to use the key on the Skyline in the first area, but can't find the right spot. Should I be looking to the left or right skyscrapers, where should I be standing? Near or far from the lamp? And the postcard?!? ARG!! Help!
Spoiler ***The postcard is used to create the skyline in the alley. To use the key, you have to back up until the openings in the buildings line up to create the edges to the key, and the key turns blue.****

I literally got this within minutes of posting my frustration. Typical! Thanks for the help, regardless. I was trying to use the key first. You have to postcard first.

Also stuck at the postcard and key. TrueStoryGuy's answer didn't help me.

EDIT: ah, it was just a matter of being more distant.

Postcard you need to use at the point where you initially come into the scene or close to it, if you venture further into the scene the interaction point vanishes.

Also stuck at the postcard and key. TrueStoryGuy's answer didn't help me.

EDIT: ah, it was just a matter of being more distant.

Postcard solution:

***The right place to use the postcard, is where it covers the mural excatly on the screen.***

Sign in to follow this