• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
tomwsmf

LPBB Works Under Linux/WINE

Just tried to run LPBB under the newest WINE under Ubuntu 13.10. All good, Played the game...watched the movie....yea ..Potatoes.

Just tried to run LPBB under the newest WINE under Ubuntu 13.10. All good, Played the game...watched the movie....yea ..Potatoes.

Can you be more specific? Might be helpful for others?

- It runs with 'default' Ubuntu Wine from Ubuntu Software Center (which is an older version of WINE)? Or did you install the latest Wine version via PPA?

- You did not install any Visual C Libraries nor DirectX dlls to have the game running? (I doubt that, unless you had previous games or Wine installs, or PlayOnLinux etc

- You did not setup anything via winecfg? winetricks?

- Are you on 32bit or 64bit OS?

I tried to run LPBB on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32bit (the one, Steam recommended, before their SteamOS switch to Debian) and I had no libaries installed, but was running the latest WINE (ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa version).

I had error-messages hinting to missing API calls, but did not investigate further.

Ubuntu 13.10 64bit

Wine 1.7.13

AMD Radeon HD 6670

No override libs.

If you are still having problems the wine errors are usualy good at figuring out what is missing. Just follow the error reports.

Sign in to follow this