Sign in to follow this  
QuaidRayn

Let's Play the Prototypes!

Hi folks! Signed up while watching the documentaries on AF this year, but never really felt like I had much to contribute. I read a lot and lurked a lot, but didn't want to post "yes, I agree", or "Cool update" as my first posting here! My wonderful and infinitely more talented wife built me my very own gaming PC for Christmas, so I have my own PC capable of running new games, for the first time in my life. It also means that this is the fist year I took notice of AF during its run. In the past, I've only been interested in what made it to complete games on Xbox 360.

But this year, I followed all the documentaries from 2PP, and loved seeing these games develop. I thought I'd record my own play through of each of the prototypes, and post them to my channel. Hope you enjoy watching. I have Dear Leader up so far, and as I'm playing through these in order as they appear in my Steam listing, Little Pink Best Buds is next up. I already have that recorded, just not uploaded (Preview: It's weird!)

My last video is up! I play Steed, the shortest prototype, but also the most colourful and finished looking.

Quaid

My play of Derek's Mnemonic results in a manhunt for Batman.

Denis

Woohoo. This got me past the part I was stuck at. As it turns out, I was trying to use the right item on the right target, but I was just standing in the wrong place so it never went blue, so I assumed that it wasn't targetable. It's like the first person version of pixel hunting. (If this goes full game, they need an FPS like targeting system for the item placement. Allowing a 'laser' to draw out from you to where you want to place the item so that doesn't happen.)

Thanks for these playthrough videos, at the moment my gaming rig is apparently too old to play the prototypes. It is a 2009 13" MacBook Pro, with a 2.53GHz C2D but only a weedy 256MB Nvidia 9400M. So I get between 3-4 FPS on Steed, about 8-9 on Mnemonic, 1-4 on Little Pink Buds (5-8 on Low detail version).

Woohoo. This got me past the part I was stuck at. As it turns out, I was trying to use the right item on the right target, but I was just standing in the wrong place so it never went blue, so I assumed that it wasn't targetable. It's like the first person version of pixel hunting. (If this goes full game, they need an FPS like targeting system for the item placement. Allowing a 'laser' to draw out from you to where you want to place the item so that doesn't happen.)

Glad I helped! I got horribly stuck at the Key puzzle too. There's about 30 minutes of footage edited out as I wandered, lost and confused. :D

Thanks for these playthrough videos, at the moment my gaming rig is apparently too old to play the prototypes. It is a 2009 13" MacBook Pro, with a 2.53GHz C2D but only a weedy 256MB Nvidia 9400M. So I get between 3-4 FPS on Steed, about 8-9 on Mnemonic, 1-4 on Little Pink Buds (5-8 on Low detail version).

Glad you could enjoy them. My wife built me a super kick-butt gaming PC for Christmas this year, making it my first ever PC of my own. I've always played console up to now, but the newest generation lost me.

Quaid

Sign in to follow this