Sign in to follow this  
suejak

Who was your traitor?

I was talking a friend of mine, and we both arrested/killed different ministers for being the traitor in the 2nd age. In both cases, the game ended and went to the summary screen with text that treated our choice like it was the right one ("you caught the traitor...").

This raises a few possibilities...

A) It's random.

B) It's buggy.

C) It's half-assed.

D) It's a commentary on how Dear Leader always makes the right choice.

I don't have the time/inclination to play over and over, so I thought I'd ask you guys. I picked the propaganda minister and my friend picked the head of secret police.

Who did you pick? What ending screen did you get?

Weird thing is, I didn't get a traitor. Maybe because I wasn't investigating my cabinet enough; my game was focused more on a journalist and some counter-revolutinaries. My ending told me things were okay but we went to war with a neighbor, which was devastating.

I think I need a few more playthroughs. I haven't quite got the hang of how to pick alternative options to what the ministers are suggesting I do yet.

I don't know for sure who the traitor was in my case, I just know I assassinated the Propaganda minister after signs that she were the missing counter-revolutionary and I was wrong, and the real traitor was in hiding. I suspect that the chief of my secret police was the guy, though it could have been the guy I added as development minister.

At my first playthrough I was overthrown by the secret police commander Chernov I think his name was. On my second playthrough I assassinated Chernov after I got a message about a trairor and got the good ending where I held my power and was loved by my people. So it was, at leas apparently, the same person for both times for me.

The traitor will be based on loyalty the ministers have to you. Felix is the least loyal at the start of the game, so he is the most likely traitor if you're nice to everyone, but it can change..

In my game I got rid of more than one minister, and still seemed to have gotten a good ending (even if I did get a police state, the people didn't seem to mind). One thing that would be interesting for a full game is if we do imprison (but not kill) a minister, we can release him. Some may resent it and become real threats after, others will accept your fairness. This would mostly effect other ministers in future, disloyal ones becoming more aggressive, loyal ones being impressed by your commitment to only killing real traitors and becoming more loyal.

The traitor will be based on loyalty the ministers have to you. Felix is the least loyal at the start of the game, so he is the most likely traitor if you're nice to everyone, but it can change..

Nice. Well done. This is the kind of under-the-hood stuff I didn't know was going on, but I'm EXTREMELY happy to hear is going on.

I need to replay it now and be a bigger dick then. I always try to be too nice in games.

Yeah, I have no idea how I pissed off the woman minister... with my personality I wouldn't be surprised. B)

Maybe it was my giant hairy penis stamp, or my name, Admiral Bockloth. Or my aura of awesome. Or my stream chat comments.

My playthrough went okay, I focused on industrialization and art so it was a pretty happy ending. I ended up killing the wrong guy though. I was annoyed cus I kept issuing a search edict on him and nothing was happening so I just assassinated him and got over with it.

I chose to take out Karl but upon both arresting and executing him, the game sort of left me with nothing else to do. I would assume that for dong something that crazy my intercom would light up like fireworks but instead nothing. I didn't quite know how to advance beyond that and opted to quit instead. So in the end I can't really tell but my surveillance pointed toward Karl of Mr. Secret Police.

I did quite like the frequency with which I could surveil people. That is a super fun part of the game.

It was the one I least suspected. Lemi, I think her name is? The one that seems super on everything. It really hurt me, well not as much as it hurt her of course.

Felix was my traitor. That dirty SOB. Glad I arrested him.

I had a lot more fun with this prototype than I thought. Really well done DF, as always.

After a while nothing happened no matter of my orders so I just ended up quitting the game.

Weird thing is, I didn't get a traitor. Maybe because I wasn't investigating my cabinet enough; my game was focused more on a journalist and some counter-revolutinaries. My ending told me things were okay but we went to war with a neighbor, which was devastating.

I think I need a few more playthroughs. I haven't quite got the hang of how to pick alternative options to what the ministers are suggesting I do yet.

That's half the game. After the war thing, it should keep going on, and at the end of that second part of the game, THEN you have to figure out the traitor thing.

That's brilliant. Having it dynamically change depending on you actions is very well thought. For me it was Felix, but i assassinated Karl just for good measure (those reports about him from the police seemed very suspicious), then i searched the other ones' homes out of paranoia and it turned out it was Felix, so i got him arrested (i didn't trust the assassination thing because it was his department). Good fun.

Sign in to follow this