Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Graffiti Man

Costume Quest 2!!

Can't wait. Something about this game just makes me so happy.

Also awesome videos as always, thanks 2Player.

1st Person Bus Ride would have been an exciting choice as well.

All right, awesome news! I hope windsock guy makes a reappearance in the sequel.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first sequel that they have ever made for ANY of their games right?!

Happy Action Theater -> Kinect Party

2014 has been a huge year for Double Fine! Not only do I love getting to play all these new games, but it's very reassuring to see the company become so self-sufficient. I know this game still has a publisher, but I trust that DF is able to be more selective about who they work with, and that they can make the games they want without giving up an creative integrity. It truly is a great era for gaming!

Any news on how big this game is expected to be compared to the first? I think I played through the original and the expansion in about 7-8 hours? That was longer than expected compared to what I paid.

This is awesome, coming from somebody who just completed Costume Quest and the DLC this weekend, I've got to say I'm ready for more! Especially if it is more fully realized than the original was (I felt it lacked in depth somewhat).

I'm wondering what working with a publisher will mean for Double Fine. I'm hoping Midnight City is a responsible and reasonable publisher (the guys who were present in the pitch video certainly didn't seem to be your regular clueless suits!) and your cooperation will bear fruit!

Count me in for a Day 1 buy on Halloween!

And yes, as G-Lord noted, you're making an actual sequel?! Congrats! Bring in Psychonauts and Brutal Legend next ;) (I'm sort of joking, as it's obvious that these games are much bigger than Costume Quest was, so it's much harder to do... plus I'd hate it if all we saw from you were sequels - creativity is your biggest asset, never leave it by the wayside! But I don't have to tell you that!).

The reveal video is obviously sweet as well! Anyhow, best of luck to you and I'm looking forward to playing Costume Quest 2!

Cool! I didn't expect the announcement so soon (after seeing the abbreviation CQ 2 on one of the whiteboards during the Amnesia Fortnight Livestream....;-)).

Ah yeah! I finally beat CQ1 (yes, that's the official abbreviation now!) & Grubbins on Ice last Halloween.

Although I'm sure the PC version will be the ultimate one, I love this is coming to consoles again. You gotta play these games sitting on the floor in front of your television while eating nostalgic candy.

An unexpected but pleasant surprise! Nice to see CQ getting a sequel, since it felt like it had a lot of potential for one.

Look forward to playing it -- I liked the original. I just hope there are lots more costumes!

Smiles

Do want!

I hope Casey Lynch isn't making any decision on the game story or mechanics or anything though since I haven't agreed with him about anything about a single game he's covered, at least while he was EIC of IGN, which is the only reason I know who he even is in the first place. :P

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes !!!

I can't express how happy I am about this.

I love Costume Quest. It is so funny and cool and fun and awesome ....

This Halloween is going to be brilliant! :D

Absolutely can't wait, so happy this is happening. Double Fine doing an Earthbound-style RPG is exactly what I want to see, but Costume Quest was too small and slight - I want to see a proper one, at least the size of South Park: The Stick of Truth. Just a bit more to it and a more interesting combat system, then that'll be my perfect game.

Honestly, I would prefer a stacking sequel to an CQ one, but I won't complain.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the atmosphere and story of CQ, but the combat was miserable, I hated it, really hope that gets some major improvement.

First time Double Fine has gotten a publishing deal for a sequel - they've at least talked about Brütal Legend 2 and Psychonauts 2 ideas with people...

I guess the projected cost for a Costume Quest sequel would be lower though.

@shaigunjoe: And man, a Stacking sequel would be so awesome!

Fry-Shut-Up-and-Take-My-Money-Futurama.gif

Seriously somebody please give me a preorder page to throw my money at!

This, this, this, this.

2014 confirmed to be the best Halloween ever.

Sign in to follow this