Sign in to follow this  
LastWindow

Costumes you want to see

So what are some costumes you'd like to see, and how would they work? It can either be something that can realistically appear in the game or something that's just a hopeful wish that won't happen because of licensing issues.

My earliest memory of Halloween is of dressing as Frankenstein's monster in Kindergarten and I remember playing the first game hoping to see it in there. All of the classic movie monsters would be appropriate for these games, I think, and there was a vampire costume which I thought of as Dracula. As for how it would work, I guess an electricity-based attacks would be appropriate? Regular attacks with high strength would make sense, too.

Another I'd really love to see is Charlie Brown's messed up ghost costume. I'm a huge Peanuts fan so I'm a bit biased there and I have no idea what it could even do. Maybe complain a lot which would debuff the enemies?

And finally, a costume based on a character from one of Double Fine's other games. Raz, for example. One thing I love and always look for in their games are references to other games they've done.

I guess all of my ideas are based on licensed characters, haha. If I think of anything original I'll update this post or just post again.

Underage Genetically-Altered Martial Arts Reptile

Adorable Godzilla or King Kong

Collectable Card Game Master

I always thought the dirty ghost costume from Peanuts was hilarious.

Some specter/ghost would be good, maybe a creature from the black lagoon-type creature, devil/demon, kaiju would work great.

I'd like to see a few double fine themed ones. Not too many, but it would be cool to have, say, Mog Chothra or something

Zombie, space alien, samuria, jester, ghost, skeleton, super hero, banana, pop star, princes, cowboy, army man.

And finally, a costume based on a character from one of Double Fine's other games. Raz, for example. One thing I love and always look for in their games are references to other games they've done.

+1 for this. Even if it's just a silly DLC pack, I'll buy it. There's so much good material floating around their games, it's too good to pass up.

Redbot, redbot, redbot, redbot...

Also we could have a teenager still into Halloween who is a hipster in a lumberjack costume.

And a bad golfer.

+1 for this. Even if it's just a silly DLC pack, I'll buy it. There's so much good material floating around their games, it's too good to pass up.

Yes, definitely. Add to that list an Eddie Riggs costume with some cool guitar attacks :)

The Windsock Guy from the mall parking lot! \o/

k-INUzgV_SY

Yes, definitely. Add to that list an Eddie Riggs costume with some cool guitar attacks :)

I drew a couple concepts of this idea here awhile back. This was before Broken Age was finished, so the outfits might need to be brushed up a bit.

Redbot would be funny. A natural evolution of CQ1's Bluebot. (Or, given the red-vs-blue postulate, Bluebot's arch nemesis?!?!)

Some sort of skeleton insurance agent man or perhaps maybe a world conquering purple tentacle?

Second the DF themed costumes. Raz, Riggs, Hipster Lumberjack, Mog Chothra, Middle Manager, etc. Any of them would be great.

Just to spitball...

8Bit Hero, Mad Max style road warrior, Bob Ross!, Taco/Gyro

Zombie, space alien, samuria, jester, ghost, skeleton, super hero, banana, pop star, princes, cowboy, army man.

There are some pretty solid ideas here! I could easily envision a number of them in the game. The jester especially stood out to me. It made me picture something a little darker/scarier like a jester version of Saggi the Dark Clown.

SaggitheDarkClown-DPKB-EN-C-1E.png

A friend of mine once wore a candy bag costume, where he would put the candy into his costume rather than a candy bag. Besides the obvious of DF based costumes (and costumes based on other video game characters), that would be the costume I'd most want to see.

In addition to some halloween standbys, some weird and unique ones!

Smiles

If there is one thing that always bug me when playing the original is the kids running around in the lizard costumes and the knowledge that if i could get my hands on one i could get a dragon or similar on my team, so my highest request is to see a dragon costume if possible.

Abilities of said dragon could be: normal health, heightened attack, normal attack: a flying swoop attack, special attack: fire breath (inspired i know) sets foes aflame

Aside from that i would like to see a return of the knight, vampire, pirate, scarecrow and unicorn because of favoritism if nothing else, the costumes i would mind the least to go would be the statue of liberty, french fires, eyeball, yeti and black cat, but this is again just my opinion.

my other costumes ideas are ghost with chains (think of "a Christmas carol"): high health low attack, special move: immobilize foes with chains for one turn

cowboy (gunslinger): high attack low health special move:quick-draw, causes high damage to one foe and grants party counterattack for the rest of the turn.

Werewolf: balanced stats, special: wolf moon heals party slightly and summons wolfs to attack foes after party's turn is over lasts 2 round.

Frankenstein: massive health, horrible attack, special: lightning uppercut stuns single foe increase user attack (can stack last to end of battle)

lastly samurai: massive attack horrible health, special:Bushido high damage to single foe, foes are awed (will not attack samurai if possible next turn)

adf88033816f02b44f963be112e1f7d9-pgnh4o.jpg

I drew a couple concepts of this idea here awhile back. This was before Broken Age was finished, so the outfits might need to be brushed up a bit.

I like it! Hopefully something like that makes it in this sequel.

If there is one thing that always bug me when playing the original is the kids running around in the lizard costumes and the knowledge that if i could get my hands on one i could get a dragon or similar on my team, so my highest request is to see a dragon costume if possible.

Abilities of said dragon could be: normal health, heightened attack, normal attack: a flying swoop attack, special attack: fire breath (inspired i know) sets foes aflame

Did you ever play the prototype of the first game? There's a dragon costume in that. Still, I'd like to see it make its way to the sequel. I got some screenshots of it in case you haven't seen it.

http://imgur.com/ta4xbeP

http://imgur.com/bA9V2kz

http://imgur.com/ky9bL1i

http://imgur.com/YIyGwOh

^ Wow how didn't that get in the final game?

Anyway for ideas some kind of bird could be cool. Like an eagle, that also allows heavy handed nationalism to appear too. Frankenstein's monster is a classic you guys avoided in the last game. A demon, a space-ship, mad scientist/dentist, robot cowboy, swamp-thing, classic Grey/Green alien, hippy.

Can't wait to see what you guys do end up with.