Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LastWindow

Costumes you want to see

I'd prefer no DF character cameos, honestly.

I like a taco or gyro. That's pretty cute, and you can write jokes about people saying gyro differently (easier with voice acting surely).

So many possibilities.

Dinosaur. Mummy. Wizard. Zombie. Kangaroo (kick attack, special attack where little joeys come hopping out and pounce on enemies).

Adorable Godzilla

I think the game is ripe for Kaiju and Kaijin costumes. Esp. since so many involve transformations of one variety or another.

Ghost busters, never ending story, labyrinth, legend, or other great movies from the eights and nineties. Your pick on the character

One of My favorite Costumes was when a couple of us dressed up in black with lampshades on our heads and a torch in hand.

On halloween night (in the dark) down our road we would sneek up next to people and turn the torches on.

Well I would like to see many of the original costumes return in CQ2, especially the Giant Robot, Vampire, Pirate, Pumpkin, and Unicorn.

As for new costumes, I agree I would like one to be a Kaiju monster, but they could include some of the classics too, like Witch, Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster, and Werewolf. I would also say Ghost, but the Pirate is a ghost.

Also it would be great if the abilities associated with the costumes, outside of combat, were all as useful as the Giant Robot's. The ability to move fast made me rely on the Giant Robot a lot to get around the map. While all the other costume powers were very situational, usually to the point of never being used EXCEPT in those few cases. Of course asking for abilities that can be useful everyone may be too tall an order.

I definitely second the Dragon, Werewolf, Cowboy and Witch. The Pterodactyl probably precludes a Triceratops, T.Rex or Raptor. And I don't imagine there will be a Jester with the Clown already in.

Other ideas I have are Space Pirate, Grim Reaper, Spider, Star Athlete, Archer/Robin Hood, Paul Bunyan, Princess, Fairy Godmother, Firefighter, and Viking.

Chef w/ a food fight attack. Construction worker using power tools as weapons. Mermaid w/ a tsunami attack. Alien costume where a ufo attacks big goblins and can abduct a small one, removing it from the battle. Race car driver that can do donuts which fling rocks that have a stun chance percentage or crash the car into the goblins and your character rolls out of the car before impact.

lastly...

2HB! Make it CRAZY HARD to acquire...such as costume pieces only spawn at certain times at locations on diff maps and costs enough candy to give them kids diabetes. The vendor for the print could be sneaky as heck and be hiding behind/in a tree or something and you gotta smack the tree to find him/her...and you never know which friggin tree it'll be! Two character costume w/ functioning wings, preferably. It'd be like the white tuxedo of Costume Quest...hopefully not costing 2 million pieces of candy...or....maybe it should???? If leftover candy stayed in your inventory after game completion, the insane cost of this thing would give it some incentive for replaying. I only got 1/2 way through my 2nd playing of CQ since I lost motivation to complete it again. Loved it and the DLC when I played them...and I am not a turn-based rpg guy.

Sign in to follow this