Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lorenzorlandi

is crouching necessary? (mouse problems)

Hello buds!

After successfully installing LPBB in a Win7 VM on my MacBook Pro, I played a little bit and ended up being POTATOED by the buds after they POTATOED the house.

Since I spent most of the time chatting with the pink buds pre-house, I'm pretty sure I have a lot more of the prototype to discover, but there is something that has been bugging me...

I don't know if it's a problem with the mouse emulation in the VM, but I'm almost unable to crouch: when I right-click, no matter if I click-and-hold or single-click the right mouse button, the main character crouches and than stands up super fast.

Am I supposed to be able to hold it and stay crouched? (and possibly poke things with the left-click while being crouched?)

I feel like this is an important part of the prototype (since it's one of the three actions depicted in the mini-tutorial) and I'm missing out a chunk of gameplay.

If this is the case (i.e. I'm "clicking it wrong") I think it depends on how Mac OS interprets mouse events and/or VMware Fusion passes them to the VM. Either way I guess I'm out of luck...

Thus the big question: would it be possible to remap the crouching action to a key on the keyboard? This way I would be able to enjoy the "full LPBB experience" (if there even is something like that in the first place! :D)

Thanks!

I don't know if it's a problem with the mouse emulation in the VM, but I'm almost unable to crouch...

That's a bummer!

Fortunately, crouching is not necessary for any part of the game. It does allow you to get closer looks with your buds, but it's not needed. We put it in initially as *the* way to interact with them, but it wasn't very fun, so we changed it so you could pet and poke from a standing position.

As far as your question about remapping-- unless you're using a 3rd party input obfuscator (a thing, and probably a word, I just made up right now), I don't think it'd work. Or, at least, we don't support it.

Super-kind, thanks!

As soon as I have some spare time I'll try and progress a little more :)

(OT: since there is no actual menu, is there any debug command -like the superspeed one- that "pauses" the game somehow?)

Sign in to follow this