Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaffeebohnson

Game runs too fast (fixed)

After a few minutes, the game suddenly speeds up about 10 times on my pc. everything is faster, movement, animations, only sound stays the same.

is there a fix for this bug?

(solution: pressing * speeds the game up, ü slows it down again.)

Whereas I didn't have that problem- did you try tweaking both the grass rendering, shadows, as well as reducing the screen size?

There's also a Performance thread for playing LPBB: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/13551/

One thing I did note was that LPBB runs a lot smoother when I ran it from Steam than when I ran it directly from the Windows executable. Not sure why. The Steam version even ran everything at high quality.

The fps don't acutally go up, but the whole simulation seems to speed up. Clouds racing over the sky, time of day changes super fast...

I have the feeling it has something to do with my typing? at least, the game always sped up once I was typing. Not sure what triggers it, though...

EDIT: Aha! there seem to be some debug features enabled still. Pressing * speeds my game up, pressing ü resets the speed. Pressing F3 detaches the 1st person camera or something.... (I am playing on a german bluetooth keyboard without numblock)

Sign in to follow this