Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Psychico

marek true form? in part 2?

is marek realy a wolf fox hybrid? or could he be a a human or maybe a demon in disguise? will Part 2 of broken age reveal marek's true form?

is marek realy a wolf fox hybrid? or could he be a a human or maybe a demon in disguise? will Part 2 of broken age reveal marek's true form?

What about the word "part" in particular compelled you to go to the great lengths of using the shift key? Oh sorry, that was besides the point.

Yes, of course we will find out what Marek is in the next act and no, I don't think he's actually a wolf because if he were, why would he have lied about being deceptive? Whether we will make him assume his ultimate form, I don't know.

My 2 cents: Marek is Shay's real dad (not the moon guy) and maybe Vella's uncle. Oh wait a minute, maybe Marek is Vella's aunt with a voice box! She was captured in the previous attack but somehow got stuck in the ship... HURRY TIM HURRY!!!

If he's not a wolf, then he's likely something worse. I mean you find his hair on a makeshift bead right next to the cargo room doors where the maidens are being held. It's doubtful that a person would sleep in his costume (probably would end up with severe heatstroke). Therefore that's probably very close to his real form.

We know that Marek isn't actually a wolf. I forget when, but one of the conversations reveals that he is dressed up to fit in with the other knit denizens. He clearly looks like a costume, as his mouth doesn't move when he talks. I hope we learn who he is or how he came aboard the ship, but I am very curious how Vella and Shay's story will continue after the end. It makes me wonder if there might not even be an Act 3 (I know the backers can probably prove me wrong on this).

He clearly looks like a costume, as his mouth doesn't move when he talks.
I was about to point this out.

In a game where everyone else's mouth moves when they talk, the fact that his doesn't is a bit of a giveaway that he's wearing a mask. As to who he actually is... I'm guessing at the guy who designed the 'spaceship' and subsequently had it taken away from him by an EEEEVIL corporation. Or something.

..I dunno, it's just a guess.

It makes me wonder if there might not even be an Act 3 (I know the backers can probably prove me wrong on this).

There won't be an Act 3, yes.

Marek is not a wolf, and is most likely a human in a costume. Here's how we know:

1) Marek tells Shay he is not a wolf, and that he wears the disguise to blend in with Shay's yarn pals.

2) When Shay says to Marek that he knows a lot about crafts work, Marek replies that "wolf costumes don't make themselves."

3) If you look closely at Marek's neck, you can clearly see the line where the head portion of the costume connects to the body portion.

4) As others in this thread pointed out, Marek's mouth does not move when he speaks.

I'm guessing Marek will reveal his true identity to Vella in act 2, when she discovers him trapped beneath the damaged ship parts and helps free him.

I think he's a sheep in wolf's clothing.

Indeed. Or wolf in a wolf clothing! ;)

Kind of off topic (not really though), there is an episode of the documentary where we see an artwork of Shay with a guy wearing a rabbit costume. Maybe Marek's evil (good?) twin (wolf VS rabbit)? I was wondering about that...

EDIT: Nevermind... I've just realized that it was in fact a guy wearing a dog costume. I guess it was made to be a Wilfred's artwork since Elijah Wood is both doing Ryan (The main character in Wilfred) and Shay.

Anyway, I personally think that Marek is a man, maybe Shay's dad.

Sign in to follow this