• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: The Book of Unwritten Tales

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: The Book of Unwritten Tales (starting 5th of April)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don't like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don't have the game or don't feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: Broken Age, Act 1

Next Game: Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal"

C0T1GzB.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS

- 5th April, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session (Stream 1)and general discussion (log)

- 12th April, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session (Stream 2) and general discussion (log)

- 19th April, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 3rd game session (Stream 3) and general discussion (log)

- 26th April, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 4th game session (Stream 4) and general discussion plus devchat with Marco Rosenberg (log)

- 3rd May, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 5th game session (Stream 5) and general discussion (log)

SPECIAL GUESTS

- Marco Rosenberg (@MarcoRosenberg)

ABOUT THE GAME

In a world torn by war, the aged gremlin archaeologist Mortimer MacGuffin harbors the dark secret of a powerful artifact. Whoever calls this artifact his own, will determine the fate of the world.

While the Army of the Shadows sends out its best and most devious agents to discover the secret, the Alliance's four heroes find themselves involuntarily drawn into the crisis...

WHERE TO GET ONLINE

- Official website (Windows)

- Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)

- GOG (Windows, Mac, DRM free)

GAME CLUB INFO

- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)

- Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you're not sure)

- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)

- Game Club planning thread

- Game Club F.A.Q.

Edited by Cheeseness
Fixed URLs after forum upgrade

No. April the 26th. Bad I can´t be there on the 4th session.

No. April the 26th. Bad I can´t be there on the 4th session.

We may end up bringing it back to 3 sessions, but we've allocated 4 until we decide how we're going to pace things out :)

The 5th of April is International TableTop Day. I've got plans for that evening already, so I'll miss this :/

The 5th of April is International TableTop Day. I've got plans for that evening already, so I'll miss this :/

It's a good day to be from the future. Game Club's in the wee morning hours of Sunday for me :D (also have plans for Tabletop Day).

We'll be going live in about 10 minutes. Come join us!

Whoops. I forgot to bump the thread when we started (I think the forums were down anyway). Thanks to everybody who joined today. The stream archive and chat log are up in the first post.

For anybody who missed the session and wants to catch up in their own game, we've played up to the start of Chapter 3.

Huge thanks to Syd for streaming this mammoth session!

The Book of Unwritten Tales and its prequel The Critter Chronicles are both 75% off on Steam right now, so if anyone has been considering trying this game out, now's a good opportunity!

The Book of Unwritten Tales and its prequel The Critter Chronicles are both 75% off on Steam right now, so if anyone has been considering trying this game out, now's a good opportunity!

I would like to add that they are also 75% off on the humble store, so you get the [del]DRM-Free +[/del] steam codes.

Edit: sorry no DRM-Free on the humble store.

Soon time for the third session.

And it won't be a marathon like the others. This session will have a more typical length since this chapter is shorter than the previous ones.

Thanks to everybody who joined today. The stream archive) and chat log from today's session are up in the first post.

We're still working out whether we need a 5th session for the game or not, so keep an eye out over the coming week for announcements ^_^

It looks like BoUT is a bit longer than we expected. We're tacking a 5th session on to the end to keep the remaining sessions to a reasonable length :)

We'll be starting the 4th session soon! Come join us!

We've been joined by Marco Rosenberg from King Art Games (developers of BoUT) if anybody wants to jump in and say hi!

The stream archive and chat log from today's session is up!

Thanks to everybody who joined us and big thanks to Marco for dropping by and sharing some of his evening with us! Marco said he wasn't sure if he'd be able to make it for the next session, but if I hear word that he is, I'll be sure to put announcements up :)

The final session starts in about 10 minutes!

The stream archive and chat log from yesterday's session are now up. Thanks to Yama for grabbing the log and to Syd for streaming!

Next week, we'll be starting on Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal".

In the meantime though, what did people think of The Book of Unwrtten Tales?

Whilst discussion was fairly light on the ground in a couple of the sessions, we did seem to talk about some more abstract/philosophical stuff than we usually do, which was a pleasure to see :D