Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Geek95

Double Fine on Amazon Fire TV

I was just reading the Amazon liveblog on Engadget. When I got to the gaming portion I noticed the all too familiar 2HB logo.

This seems like great news and I can't wait to see what you guys have planned!

dsc0772.jpg

My guess is that Fire Tv is powerful enough to run some android games, like Broken Age, Escape Goat 2, etc... maybe Costume Quest 2?

Neat.

I'm all in favor of the proliferation of microconsoles. It means a lowered bar of entry for gaming, really. And there's a lot of value in scaled-down hardware, because the good gameplay of games of older generations with modern design in mind is kind of neat to see.

For example, you could have games that have the great gameplay of a modern FPS game but be graphically scaled down for an android type thing.

Same goes with any other kind of game, and certain genres lend themselves really well to lower end hardware anyway.

Will be interested in seeing how this develops. Also, I am hoping valve is interested in making (or a third party developer) a cheap microconsole version of the steam machine, so you can play lower end games easily and stream higher end games to your TV.

Sign in to follow this