Sign in to follow this  
Psychico

Psychonauts 10th anniversary in 2015

In 2015 Psychonauts will be 10 years old. should something special happen on the 10th anniversary?

I don't think there's enough time for that. But the 10th anniversary would be a good time to announce Psychonauts 2, don't you think? ;)

Seeing as Double Fine has struck a deal with Nordic who purchased the license from the THQ closure, Psychonauts will be receiving a retail re-release. I'm really hoping they rerender the cut-scenes (because they look awful on the PC port which is just all around a big pile of junk), get it's resolution unlocked (like they did with Brutal) and, although I know it's unlikely, more content added. More brains would rule, but even if they just added another scavenger search or something I would be quite pleased. Perhaps this rerelease will occur in 2015. I was anticipating it sooner since they announced this back in November 2013, but since we haven't heard anything yet regarding progress on that and there are 2 other games getting the same treatment on top of all of Double Fines other projects, 2015 it may be.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/26/psychonauts-costume-quest-and-stacking-getting-retail-releases

If they re-render any cutscenes, they should also fix the lame animations at the end of Meat Circus, like when mental dad throws the juggling pin at the tent wall and a hole just appears with no tearing animation.

Reissuing the Psychonauts playing cards would be nice.

Oh man! I forgot all about these! I hope mine are still somewhere...

I would be happy with high resolution textures (for everything, not just Raz), re-rendered cutscenes and full widescreen support (no more stretched HUD and in-game menus).

That would be awesome, but maybe not so realistic. Maybe when they make Psychonauts 2 and have to put in the work to make higher resolution character models anyway.

That would be awesome, but maybe not so realistic. Maybe when they make Psychonauts 2 and have to put in the work to make higher resolution character models anyway.

The models are fine. The textures are the ones who need a bit more resolution.

In 2015 Psychonauts will be 10 years old. should something special happen on the 10th anniversary?

It would be cool if they made a life-size plushy of Raz for the 10th anniversary, I would spend many pretty pennies for that haha.

It would be cool if they made a life-size plushy of Raz for the 10th anniversary, I would spend many pretty pennies for that haha.

Linda would be better for plushie duty.

Perhaps Psychonauts Matryoshka dolls?

A Psychonauts cartoon maybe animated like Gravity Falls but reaching Adventure Time levels of art-style weirdness when it goes in people's brains would be the tightest thing.

I agree completely and wholeheartedly with the above post, however unlikely it is to actually happen.

On the other hand, if 2015 comes and goes and we're still without a trace of Psychonauts 2, I'm officially giving up hope.

We seemed so close with the whole Notch thing too...

(has anyone ever pointed out "Psychonauts" is literally an anagram of "Notch pays us"?)

Psychonauts reborn :

- better controls. the game is hardly playable with a mouse+KB on PC (well I could do it 4 times like this, but still... with proper mouse view and lateral movement the experience would be even better).

- HD FMVs

- HD textures, engine update, some additional graphic effects...

and/or Psychonauts 2

Psychonauts! The Musical: On Ice!

Starring Tim Schafer as Mr. Pokeylope!

My dream game:

A retail physical copy of a three pack consisting of: Grim Fandango Remastered, Psychonauts, and Brutal Legend.

Call it something like "THE DOUBLE FINE ACTION (and adventure) PACK

PS4, PC and Xbone!