Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cwm9

So... do we get updates to the end of Act 2, or is this goodbye?

I noticed there hasn't been any real activity in a long, long, time. I was thinking we were going to get updates and video right to the end of Act 2, but then I realized the money for Act 2 is coming from the sales of Act 1.

Is this goodbye?

No. The documentary and updates will continue until the project completes. There is a longer-than-usual gap at the moment due to Amnesia Fortnight. If you're looking for content, you should check out the pitch videos that are still up at the humblebundle page. You can also check out the AF 2014 forum.

Cheers

Too busy to write one forum post being like "Hey guys, sorry, been wee bit busy, new episode in like 2-3 weeks, thanks for your patience"

^ 10 seconds time it took me to write that

There have been huge gaps in videos for the whole life of the project. Who knows why they don't give us any idea when to expect the videos. Maybe they just wait until there's been enough going on to make an interesting episode.

I honestly expected something like the Sidequests a few weeks after Act 1's release. Kinda sad that absolutely nothing new came about in now almost three months since the release.

I worry we'll get one 2PP episode that wraps up the whole thing and that's that.

I honestly expected something like the Sidequests a few weeks after Act 1's release. Kinda sad that absolutely nothing new came about in now almost three months since the release.

I worry we'll get one 2PP episode that wraps up the whole thing and that's that.

They had an episode + sidequest end of februari beginning march. They already said 2PP it will be an episode once every 1.5-2 months.

They had an episode + sidequest end of februari beginning march. They already said 2PP it will be an episode once every 1.5-2 months.

Uhm... where? Episode 14 was posted at the end of January and I haven't seen another episode since then. The most recent Sidequest I can find is from last October (the Peter McConnell one).

Have they started posting that stuff somewhere else and stopped putting it in the Backer forum?

Uhm... where? Episode 14 was posted at the end of January and I haven't seen another episode since then. The most recent Sidequest I can find is from last October (the Peter McConnell one).

Have they started posting that stuff somewhere else and stopped putting it in the Backer forum?

It's here. It didn't get its own separate forum post though, so a lot of people completely missed it.

It's here. It didn't get its own separate forum post though, so a lot of people completely missed it.

Thanks for the link! I somehow completely missed this one.

I'm sure that when we get our next episode, it will make the wait worth it. I'm still catching up on all the amnesia content, so I'm fine with the wait.

I completely missed that link too. I came to the forum to see why my copy of Broken Age was downloading a 500MB update and saw there hadn't been any updates in ages.

I completely missed that link too. I came to the forum to see why my copy of Broken Age was downloading a 500MB update and saw there hadn't been any updates in ages.

Me too. Odd for a 500mb update without any news whatsoever. Thought it may have been act 2, but looks like no.

I wonder why the sidequest video didn't make it to the http://www.doublefine.com/dfa page?

Same here, except I initially asked in the public board instead of this one. Whoops.

Apparently, there are patch notes for this update.

Me too. Odd for a 500mb update without any news whatsoever. Thought it may have been act 2, but looks like no.

The art is in one big file so any change to that will make the update huge. It has happened a lot during the beta period so I'm surprised you're surprised. Also the changelog had already been posted when you wrote that so ...

Until the end! We added touchscreen and controller support just yesterday. We also went through and updated various pages today. But yes, we were a bit bogged down with AF and then GDC.

Updates are a-comin' soon, and they're gonna be awesome.

I wonder why the sidequest video didn't make it to the http://www.doublefine.com/dfa page?

Maybe it's because Remo left? Hmm.

What? Remo left? Who's name are we going to yell now every time we find a bug

Maybe it's because Remo left? Hmm.

What? Remo left? Who's name are we going to yell now every time we find a bug

Vic is actually in QA in addition to taking on Remo's old job. So I belive it's extra appropriate to yell Viiiiiiiicccccccc!

Sign in to follow this