Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Controller Support

Hey backers, we just pushed an update live on Steam that enables controller support (coming any moment to Humble and GoG). These are still in beta so you may run into some untranslated lines of text or general issues. We'd love to hear about those here! Hope you dig it!

dc1976aeb1685d9ffc41c5f668059f88_large.jpg?1397157339

New controller tips:

-The right stick can be used to quickly snap between hot spots

-Left trigger slows the cursor for fine tuning, right trigger speeds it up

-The Y button on an Xbox 360 or Ouya controller can be used to open the inventory. In this mode, the d-pad or bumpers can be used to cycle through inventory objects.

ENJOY!

Thanks guys! I didn't expect a point-and-click adventure to work so smoothly with a controller. This game is going to be awesome to play in Big Picture mode!

So when the game comes out for other platforms that use the touch and controller controls, will backers get keys or would you have to re-buy the game?

I update the game, but as a beauty of beta not working for me =( [i'm using Sony controller].

I update the game, but as a beauty of beta not working for me =( [i'm using Sony controller].

Hi FullGrim.

That is strange, because I tested it (again) just now and it seems to work fine. I had problems installing the driver at first, so you might want to double check that this is correct. Following these instructions worked for me: http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/sixaxis-dualshock-3-connecting-usb

I also find it helpful to verify that the controller works using 'Set up USB game controllers' in Windows as it shows you whether or not the OS is recognizing he input.

Good luck!

Oliver.

Hi FullGrim.

That is strange, because I tested it (again) just now and it seems to work fine. I had problems installing the driver at first, so you might want to double check that this is correct. Following these instructions worked for me: http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/sixaxis-dualshock-3-connecting-usb

I also find it helpful to verify that the controller works using 'Set up USB game controllers' in Windows as it shows you whether or not the OS is recognizing he input.

Good luck!

Oliver.

Should we use xinput or directinput?

Sign in to follow this