Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
plasmatron

System requirements

Hey,

I've been missing out, but finally i've got Broken Age copy.. This is what i see when i try to run it: http://imgur.com/qcbvR3l

I've looked into support forum and found this requirements:

Processor: 1.7 GHz Dual Core

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 / ATI Radeon 4870 HD / Intel HD 4000 / or equivalent card with at least 512 MB VRAM

Hard Drive: 1500 MB available space

OpenGL: OpenGL 3 with GLSL version 1.3

I'm on ASUS netbook with integrated graphics. I know, it sucks, but i've watched couple gameplay videos and BA doesn't look like GTA 5 to me, no offence.

So now i'm a little bit confused. This is not what i expected back at the kickstarter times. If anyone could explain to me why it's so hard to run point-and-click adventure on OpenGL-capable netbook i would really appreciate it.

And is there any hope that i could somehow disable all OpenGL 3 and GLSL stuff and just play the game maybe?

Thanks in advance.

Oliver,

I'm seriously under minimal requirements GPU-wise. I'm ok with CPU (dual-core 1.5Ghz Atom) and RAM, but this laptop has GMA 3150 with OpenGL 1.4. I won't bother your support, i don't think there is a point in doing so. I also don't think that updating graphics driver is the thing for Intel GMA and would work for me. Anyway, i've recently updated to Ubuntu 14.04 Beta 2, i believe this is the latest graphics driver i could get, but it's not helping:

[DEBUGLOG] [OpenGL] Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center

[DEBUGLOG] [OpenGL] Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) IGD x86/MMX/SSE2

[DEBUGLOG] [OpenGL] Version: 1.4 Mesa 10.1.0

[DEBUGLOG] [OpenGL] Shading language: 1.20

[DEBUGLOG] [OpenGL] Unsupported OpenGL version: 1

[DEBUGLOG] [OpenGL] Missing OpenGL feature: Shader program

I've also tried to enable OpenGL 2.0 with DRI hacks, but it's not working for me either.

I really would love to disable all the cool shaders stuff and just play the game. I understand that i might miss something in visuals, i understand it might change experience, i just don't want to watch letsplay on youtube, i would rather play BA myself. Thanks for understanding.

Yeah that would be the reason for the error message. The thing is that the game actually works on a lot of systems with OpenGL 2 (although we can't guarantee it), but unfortunately we can't support OpenGL 1 since there are a lot of game-play critical parts that require shaders. Even though it might not look like it, but the game is actually a full 3D game we just make it look 2D.

I'm sorry we won't be able to help you in this case. :-(

Sign in to follow this