Sign in to follow this  
Spacemonkeyham

SONY Platforms

Dear Double Fine:

Allow me to express my ongoing love for Double Fine and all its games. I'm very gratified to see you exercising your newfound creative freedom with such awesome results.

Which is why I hesitantly ask, have you considered porting your work to Playstation systems? I understand the importance of not being tethered to AAA backers, but as a gamer who plays primarily through his console, I sometimes miss out on your work.

I invite the community to either chime in with a "here here!" or chastise me for my naiveté.

As for you, Double Fine, may you live forever.

Spacemonkey Ham

Well the only games they have that aren't on Playstation systems are mostly games that can't be ported. The Kinect games need the Kinect to work, the smart phone games are made for smart phones, and Iron Brigade was published by Microsoft, so they have no say over it. Other than that, there's Broken Age, which would be pretty crazy if it didn't get ported at some point.

There's the VITA, which people always say doesn't have any games, but for Indies it's one of the highest attach rates around, having the ability to play games like Costume Quest, Stacking, Broken Age, etc, on that would be a smart move and one more edge towards "Hey, maybe the VITA does have games".

There’s the VITA, which people always say doesn’t have any games, but for Indies it’s one of the highest attach rates around, having the ability to play games like Costume Quest, Stacking, Broken Age, etc, on that would be a smart move and one more edge towards “Hey, maybe the VITA does have games”.

You can also stream any PS4 game to the Vita via PS4 Remote Play, if you own both consoles. Porting to PS4 then has an added bonus.

Well, my wish came true in a way I hadn't dared hope.

I've been waiting to play Grim Fandango on something, ANYTHING, for years, and here it comes to my favorite platform.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your indie and AF titles will keep making the migration.

Thanks!

By the way, the official line is that Double Fine want all of their games to be on as many platforms as possible. It's not always possible to do that, but there's basically no platform that's off-limits for them, so if there's a budget for it, it'll happen.

By the way, the official line is that Double Fine want all of their games to be on as many platforms as possible. It's not always possible to do that, but there's basically no platform that's off-limits for them, so if there's a budget for it, it'll happen.

Yup - what KestrelPi said :)

In an ideal world, every title would be on every platform, but no port is free, and every title has it's own special journey!

Your explanation is especially relevant with the news that the Massive chalice port will be an XBox One Console exclusive.

I was disappointed to know MC won't come to PS4, but I'm glad Microsoft and Sony are smart enough to fight for dibs.