Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Brad

Bloodline Editor functionality feedback thread!

Can you please add a button to disable the tooltips? It's difficult for me to make minute adjustments to my Sigil because I can't see through the giant box telling me "Hey - this is a Sigil." Thanks.

Yeah, I had the same problem a week or so ago.

Smiles

There seem to be problems with the share feature. This link: bit.ly/1qJOZTt should produce the following instead of gibberish:

mSVYu3y.png

The link SirSlade posted at the end of the livestream seems to have had the same problem (I didn't save a copy of the link, but it looked similar).

Can you currently only have two colors for our sigils? Can we not choose colors for each individual layer?

Yes, it's only two colors. You can flip between the two colors on each layer, though.

Hmm thanks, majugi!

I tried to recreate your issue but I was unable to get gibberish results when creating a new Bloodline. Is this problem still happening? The following info would help:

1. Which Share option did you use (twitter, GMail, Facebook, etc)?

2. What browser were you using?

Thanks!

Anthony

Hmm thanks, majugi!

I tried to recreate your issue but I was unable to get gibberish results when creating a new Bloodline. Is this problem still happening? The following info would help:

1. Which Share option did you use (twitter, GMail, Facebook, etc)?

2. What browser were you using?

Thanks!

Anthony

Hi Anthony, thanks for looking into this. I used the bit.ly share option and Firefox. I'm not sure if this happens all the time, or if I just got unlucky with the first one I tried to share... I'll experiment a little to see if I can reproduce it myself.

Update: I tried to produce a couple others and they both worked fine.

@majugi Ok great! Sounds good and please let us know if anything else weird happens. We'll keep workin' on it on our end!

@Cepheus Haha I love it! That cephalopod is pretty awesome on its own but it's one of the most versatile symbols we have. You can make lightning with it, creepy tree branches, jacked up hair, haha!

Hey three requests for the sigil editor.

Picking hair and skin color for the character: would it be possible to see some sort of preview of the character. It's hard to judge just by staring at the colors.

Can you make the battle cry a little bit longer?

I would also love just one more layer, to complete my sigil.

@DF Anthony I was thinking of using some Austin Powers puns as the battle cry, but they were just too long. :D

This editor is so cool. I'm gonna have lots of fun making banners for my house.

Only problem is to chose one :-D

Udklip.png

Udklip2.png

banner3.png

Udklip.png.05bcb902c5e5986961ed230cccefe

Udklip2.png.27c9bb063d08b0f599ac4bdd54c3

banner3.png.bc5db47f6cc7c15fac888ac8c50d

Been experimenting with skulls with hair and beards, for mostly silly purposes. Ha.

ed7b8b38c51115eeac7730654f124877.png

Is there an easy way with the new version of the editor to tweak existing designs? I could previously load in my export and make adjusts, like swapping colors or tweaking or swapping out a layer, with relative ease. But once I "view" I am not sure how to get back to make tweaking in the future if I wanted to do so.

Smiles

@Brad: Thanks man.

That editor works so well. Great design guys :o)

Here are a few more banners, won't be the last.

Banner4.png

Banner5.png

Banner6.png

Banner4.png.fd116a92798def0814c78a99d9f0

Banner5.png.983731807b2f5cc409d696055bd9

Banner6.png.279b2de008833c743a8a7cce0f07

Very cool, Smiles! Although my brain is wanting those angles of the white stripes to match the 45 degree angle of the banner SO BADLY. Not sure if you're going for that or not... I'm sure it's pretty hard to line that up perfectly with our tool! :(

Very cool, Smiles! Although my brain is wanting those angles of the white stripes to match the 45 degree angle of the banner SO BADLY. Not sure if you're going for that or not... I'm sure it's pretty hard to line that up perfectly with our tool! :(

Haha, yes. Part of the problem is I used the...uh...this:

f2b9c820371f3aacb3a5a44acbaf17a0.png

To make the upper left area, which has its own quirks in terms of what is even and not, etc. Anyways, just mostly still trying to find out what the heck I want.

Smiles

@Lange2zero - dang man! Love the upside down squid as weird horns! And your Blue/Yellow shield-on-a-checkered-field is very cool! :D!

Pretty happy with this one, maybe a pixel off on the diagonal line:

TdtAHtA.png

And Brad Muir, I think we need about 1 or 2 more layers to do this one correctly :D

jKcv4zq.png

YES! Might aswell just admit here and now that I'm totally addicted to creating these.

Also, all these, GRATIS and free of charge to use/recreate should any of their blazonic charms tickle your fancies.

tumblr_n65nqpUX761qdse7xo1_500.png

House Demon Face Punch.

And House The Wolf and Toad Pub.

..ah, loves it. Wolf'n Toad Pub - where the prettiest meadwenches quenches your thirst.

Sign in to follow this