Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Geek95

AF2014 Collectors Edition and Video Downloads?

Is there any update on a shipping date for the 'Collector's Edition' Blu-ray and DVD. According to our last email update, production was expected to have started by now.

Also, the videos have still not been posted to the Humble Bundle order page.

Also if anyone here knows where/how can I change my address info? I'm moving this month but I can't find any links/emails how to contact anyone.

edit: I've been looking around my email, humblebundle.com and this forum for 15-20 minutes and 5 seconds after posting this: orders@fangamer.com.

Hi folks. Apologies for the delayed update.

We're doing an edit pass on all the episodes and working on the DVD menus. They'll be in production soon.

Better late than never :)

What about the downloads though ? Will they be available on the Humble page ?

We're doing an edit pass on all the episodes and working on the DVD menus. They'll be in production soon.

Is the AF2014 documentary going to be DVD-only, or will there be a Blu-ray, too?

Is the AF2014 documentary going to be DVD-only, or will there be a Blu-ray, too?

I'm pretty sure it's the documentary on Blu-ray and the games on DVD.

I'm pretty sure it's the documentary on Blu-ray and the games on DVD.

If that were the case, then why would they need to work on menus for the DVD? Perhaps the documentary in 480i is small enough that they can fit both the video and games on it?

My guess is that it's a money issue. Given a bit more time, I'm sure they will find the funds to allocate to finish this project, and get it sent out.

For those of you interested in an update: we're making progress on finishing everything up for disc production. Now that the episodes have been cleaned up, the audio is getting its polish pass while we deal with a small hurdle in asset creation for the menus. We're aiming to start actually assembling the disc soon and then it will be a few weeks for them to actually be mass-manufactured. I know you're eager for more information (and the physical discs themselves), so I'll try to come back here on a more regular basis to let you know how things are coming along. Thanks for being patient for so long. You shouldn't have to wait too much longer.

Hi Asif,

Thanks very much for the update! A couple follow up questions:

1) Is a Day 11 play day video like the one for AF2012 still in the works? You mentioned here that 2PP would like to do some playthrough/post-mortem material like you did for AF2012, but I don't think we've heard about it since then. I imagine 2PP is super busy, and I don't mind waiting, just curious if that is still something you're working on or hope to do?

2) This might be more of a question for Double Fine, but do you know if anyone at 2PP or Double Fine is looking into preserving the Amnesia Fortnight livestream broadcasts on Twitch, as discussed here?

Hey no problem.

1) Yes, there will be a playthrough day / post-mortem episode. The structure of it will be a little different than the one in 2012. Instead of a round table with all the leads and Tim, we tried to interview the everyone individually.

2) One of the other guys was looking into this last week with IT. Not sure where they left off, but the issue is on our radar and we're trying to preserve what we can.

Also, any news about video downloads ? Do we need to download them from YouTube with a plugin or are you going to release them on the bundle page once everything is cleaned up ?

Any ETA on the Amnesia Fortnight Blu-ray? A date would be great.

Hey Gassey, can't give a firm estimate on the date until we send them off for mass production. We've been working on getting everything finished up, but other obligations at the studio have held things up. Been pulling late hours to keep chipping away at this. We want to see this content out and in your hands as much as you all do. We're reviewing all the content to make sure everything's in order and there are disc menus that still need work (our usual contractor is unavailable and the art resources here are all focused on finishing up soon-to-be-released games). We'd rather put out something later than initially planned than giving you something that just feels like a cheap recycling of the 2012 set.

Any ETA on the Amnesia Fortnight Blu-ray? A date would be great.

Hey Gassey, can't give a firm estimate on the date until we send them off for mass production. We've been working on getting everything finished up, but other obligations at the studio have held things up. Been pulling late hours to keep chipping away at this. We want to see this content out and in your hands as much as you all do. We're reviewing all the content to make sure everything's in order and there are disc menus that still need work (our usual contractor is unavailable and the art resources here are all focused on finishing up soon-to-be-released games). We'd rather put out something later than initially planned than giving you something that just feels like a cheap recycling of the 2012 set.

Keep up the good work :) 2PP is the best.

All the documentaries and streams are such great stuff, you guys are really working hard

to bring top product to us. Keep up rocking this hard! :D

Looking forward to finally getting the AF2014 box, it will be awesome. :D

Hey everyone, just a quick update on the production of the blu-ray discs.

The content review process is finished. I'm just making a few tweaks based off our notes (today and tomorrow) and then they'll be ready for building out all the menus and chapters and stuff. We also finally have an artist on board to create the menu assets! That was a major unknown for a while because the studio was so slammed, but now that DF has a few projects out the door, we're able to book some art time.

Those are the last two major pieces of the puzzle before we ship the master disc off for reproduction. That typically takes a few weeks (most of which we estimate to fall during November). Things are currently looking good to have them available before the holidays. If that changes for any reason, I'll jump back in here and let you know.

As for the digital downloads, you will not have to download them from YouTube. Paul L has more info on that, but he's out sick/recovering for a few days. When he gets back, I'll find out what we settled on for that and let you know.

Is there any update on this? Still hoping I'll get in time for Christmas.

So, have people been getting their blu-rays yet? I thought they said before the holidays at the end of the year? Did that not happen?

Sign in to follow this