Sign in to follow this  
Geek95

AF2014 Collectors Edition and Video Downloads?

Something must have happened with the original estimate. So many spinning plates that any disruption will ruin the whole process. The Christmas rush probably messed things up for everyone that they did not anticipate (Wild guess). The disc-set is more of a collector's box for me, so it'll be worth the wait for me regardless.

In a little over two months from today, it will have been a year since the Amnesia Fortnight 2014 prototypes were released. While I hate to be one to complain, this is getting a bit ridiculous. I'm not upset about not having the Collectors Edition in my hands as I am disappointed that there hasn't been some sort of update to the people who bought it as to where they are with this project.

I don't care if they take another year on it, I just want to know what the hell is going on. If it's on the back burner due to financial troubles that Double Fine seems to be facing, it would be better to tell us that than keep us guessing.

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything: The post-mortem episodes haven't been released anywhere yet, either, correct?

Yes.

The daily videos were only available on YouTube while I expected them to pop on my Humble web page (as told by the confirmation mail) so I didn't see any video until the very end when I asked somewhere on the net.

And the lack of communication is really disappointing.

I doubt I'll pay anything for the next Amnesia Fortnight...

Most of you have probably seen this, but on the previous page, Asif (2PP's Director of Photography) gave a couple relevant bits of info:

Yes, there will be a playthrough day / post-mortem episode. The structure of it will be a little different than the one in 2012. Instead of a round table with all the leads and Tim, we tried to interview the everyone individually.

In the meantime, for just the part where Tim and Isa play the prototypes, and then all the DF staff gather to comment on them, you can find that in this Twitch broadcast:

http://www.twitch.tv/doublefine/c/4934317

(skip the first 30 seconds)

I'm guessing some of this will be edited into 2PP's eventual video along with the post-mortem interviews.

Hey everyone, just a quick update on the production of the blu-ray discs.

The content review process is finished. I'm just making a few tweaks based off our notes (today and tomorrow) and then they'll be ready for building out all the menus and chapters and stuff. We also finally have an artist on board to create the menu assets! That was a major unknown for a while because the studio was so slammed, but now that DF has a few projects out the door, we're able to book some art time.

Those are the last two major pieces of the puzzle before we ship the master disc off for reproduction. That typically takes a few weeks (most of which we estimate to fall during November). Things are currently looking good to have them available before the holidays. If that changes for any reason, I'll jump back in here and let you know.

As for the digital downloads, you will not have to download them from YouTube. Paul L has more info on that, but he's out sick/recovering for a few days. When he gets back, I'll find out what we settled on for that and let you know.

Obviously, the discs didn't ship by the holidays and Asif did not jump back in to let us know, but I'm not suggesting that we shoot the messenger. :) Asif's the Director of Photography, not the Producer, Director, or DF Community Manager, so he's going above and beyond his job description by touching base with us in the first place. Thanks, Asif, for your help so far!

I do think it's about time for another update, and hopefully now that everyone's back from holidays we will get one soon.

Also, I really hope Double Fine is able to get a community manager again.

Thx for reposting and summarising the status quo, should be very helpful to anyone who stumbles into this thread looking for the missing content. :)

Hey guys, just letting you know that I'll be coming back to this thread soon with an update and some sign that progress is being made. We are of course sorry that we couldn't get them out in time for the holidays, but it was for a good reason. Whatever extra time we're taking just means that the end product is going to be better than it would have been if we got it out any earlier. Thanks for waiting so patiently. Be back soon.

Ok, Edit Time: So just to clear up any misconceptions, missing the initial holiday release doesn't have anything to do with DF's financial situation. It's more of a resource allocation thing. We normally contract out our menu design work (like the animated menus from the last AF blu ray), but we ran into some issues with availability so, after some stops and starts there, we had to end up asking for DF's help. As you can imagine, the needs of the studio's games come first so we had to sit tight and wait for the schedule to clear up. It's being worked on now and we're really happy with how it's turning out. Here's a little preview of some of the menu layout assets:

802P6Rg.png

The basic idea (as it currently stands) is that the main menu will be written on the back of The Man's hand. When you select one of the submenus, the hand should move down and the camera will fly over to a different part of the Little Pink Best Bud house (fridge, tv, table, etc) and allow you to navigate a new set of options.

Again, sorry to anyone who reached out and did not receive a timely response. We appreciate that it's been a year since the last AF but hopefully we won't live through this perfect storm of Too Many Things Happening At Once the next time we set out to produce a blu-ray. Delays aside, we're still committed to finishing these and getting them out to you. Hopefully this image I've shared will help illustrate that we're down to the last steps now. Thanks

Thanks for the update. What about the downloads ? Will there be an option to download the video otherwise than with a YouTube download plugin ?

Thanks for the update, guys! Makes me feel a lot better knowing where we're at. :)

Thanks for the update. What about the downloads ? Will there be an option to download the video otherwise than with a YouTube download plugin ?

Seconded on this, my Plex Media Server is ready and waiting!

Hey guys, thanks for reminding me about the downloads. I'll check in on that with the relevant folks when the business week starts up again and see where we are with that.

Hey all, quick update because I am trying to get something else done asap. After talking amongst ourselves for a bit, we're trying to figure out how things would go down if we put the digital downloads and the blu-ray on separate release schedules (with the digital product likely coming earlier since that part of it has been done). Still more details to work out there so please don't take this as binding. Just letting you know we hear you and we're talking about it. Thanks

Thanks for the update. I don't think anyone is in a hurry (not after having waited for a year :P) but we were quite left in the dark abouth those downloads. Knowing it has not been forgotten is good enough for now.

Hey, I'm in a hurry to see the playthrough/postmortem video(s)! :-P :lol:

Just kidding about the hurry (no one wants to create stress or rushed quality), but I'm serious about the anticipation. It's the finale and epilogue of an enjoyable series that currently ends on a bit of a cliffhanger! Everyone completes their prototypes and goes home but hasn't played each others' games and taken stock of their work yet. The Twitch broadcast that I mentioned offsets this, but it's still true as far as the official, edited videos go. So yeah, I am stoked for the wrap-up! :coolgrin:

Of course if the postmortem videos are still being tweaked or if the Blu-rays will be shipped soon enough that 2PP wants to send everything out at the same time, that's totally fine by me. But if the Blu-Ray production will take longer as it currently sounds like it might, then maybe it does make sense to post the postmortem videos and the downloads of the previous episodes on their own release schedule, assuming that isn't a big hassle or extra expense.

Either way, I look forward to it. Thanks for the updates, Asif; and thanks to everyone at 2PP and DF. You're awesome!

Can't imagine anyone being upset if digitals came out first, after all there's no menu system and all that to take care of so it's only logical. I know when TableTop released their vids they did it via Steam as obviously if was a quick system to distributing it out to folks which might be a good option to reduce server load on DF/2PP servers. No idea what the cost of that is though!

I had almost forgotten I paid for this. Is it really going to be a year or more before my Blu-ray turns up?

I had almost forgotten I paid for this. Is it really going to be a year or more before my Blu-ray turns up?

Same. I wrote support and didn't get a response back. I was a supporter via the Humble Bundle campaign. Any updates on the Blu-Ray? Seems like this has gone through a lot of delays...

Hey guys, there are a few questions here I'd like to answer in my next update. I just want to get on the same page with DF early next week (the office has Monday off) so that we aren't sending any mixed/conflicting messages. For now, the short version is that we're taking steps to get this stuff out to you guys as soon as we can, even if it means not doing all the things we wanted to do on our end. Ultimately, you guys want the complete series (including the final episode/post-mortem content) and we've got that shot and edited for you to watch. I'll elaborate more sometime next week. Thanks

Hey all, just wanted to expand upon my previous post and explain where we are right now. If you've been following the updates from me in this thread, you know that the release of the AF Blu Ray has been delayed several times because we were trying to maintain a certain standard of presentation. That meant making sure everything from the box to the menu design was of a certain level of polish. Unfortunately, the last piece of that puzzle, the menu design, required some DF studio resources to complete as our usual partner was unavailable. Since so many projects here are approaching the finish line and need all hands on deck, we would have to wait several weeks before anyone would be available for us.

As much as it pains us to do this, we've decided to just scale the menu design back to something we can manage on our own and get the discs sent off for manufacturing. I apologize to anyone who was looking forward to the menu ideas I previewed earlier in this thread, but at a certain point, it's just not worth it to delay the shipping any longer than we already have. After all, I take it most of you just want what you paid for: the full series of episodes and bonus videos. We're still excited about the quality of that content and finally getting it out to you all.

We've also got all the different formats for the digital downloads exported. They just need to be sent over to humble and worked into their distribution system. Once that's up and running, we'll let you know that they're available regardless of the status of the physical discs at that time.

Thanks, as always, for bearing with us on this and waiting so patiently. I hope this helps you understand why we made the decisions we made and that you can rest assured knowing that this is still something we're actively working towards getting to you.

Thanks for the updates. The delay was huge and I think the lack of communication was the most annoying for most of us.

I'm glad to see we're near the finish line. It never occurred to me until today to check the DoubleFine forums for a progress report, and the total radio silence over the last year has been very worrying. Perhaps in the future it'd be better to email people waiting for a product instead of just posting on the forums?

I'm really anxious to see the playthroughs of the games, especially Little Pink Best Buds. I couldn't watch Tim's playthrough video as-it-happened, because I was at work. And unfortunately it didn't seem to live very long before getting taken down. If I could just get that video posted on my Humble Bundle page while I wait for the Blu-ray, I'd be a lot happier.

Thanks for your continued attention and work on this.

Thanks as always, Asif, for the update. :) Sorry to hear that 2PP was not able to get the elaborate menu design you hoped for (which did sound quite cool with the flyby animations) but it seems like you're making the right decision to scale back the menus and get the Blu-rays shipped.

I'm really anxious to see the playthroughs of the games, especially Little Pink Best Buds. I couldn't watch Tim's playthrough video as-it-happened, because I was at work. And unfortunately it didn't seem to live very long before getting taken down. If I could just get that video posted on my Humble Bundle page while I wait for the Blu-ray, I'd be a lot happier.

You can watch Tim and Isa play through the prototypes in this saved Twitch stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/doublefine/c/4934317

00:00:30 Tim greets the company in the morning, and tells everyone to disperse and play the prototypes

00:08:57 Steed (Tim and Isa play the prototype while other employees also do so offscreen, then everyone reconvenes and discusses with the project lead)

00:48:40 Dear Leader (ditto)

01:38:32 Mnemonic (ditto)

02:19:53 Little Pink Best Buds (ditto)

As this is an unedited Twitch stream, the AF2014 logo comes up at the end of each prototype discussion. Unless you want to sit through a long gap, you'll need to skip ahead until the next playthrough begins. So it's a little inconvenient but it's still watchable or browsable.

When 2 Player Productions puts out the final episode/post-mortem content, I guess some of this material might be included, but probably in a more edited "highlights" form.

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to seeing the additional content (and re-watching the other episodes).

CaliburnCY, THANK YOU. I have looked all over for that video, including on Twitch, and couldn't find it. I will watch it ASAP!

CaliburnCY, THANK YOU. I have looked all over for that video, including on Twitch, and couldn't find it. I will watch it ASAP!

You're welcome. Happy to help! :)

Also if anyone here knows where/how can I change my address info? I'm moving this month but I can't find any links/emails how to contact anyone.

edit: I've been looking around my email, humblebundle.com and this forum for 15-20 minutes and 5 seconds after posting this: orders@fangamer.com.

Was this email address ok to email through a change of address as i am moving next week.

Sign in to follow this