Sign in to follow this  
Geek95

AF2014 Collectors Edition and Video Downloads?

Received the templates from the printer, art is all set and ready to go. Received blu-ray specs for production, in the process of packaging them up for the factory.

Unlike DVDs, the blu-ray standard has a host of anti-piracy and licensing issues baked into the format, so they have to be converted properly before being sent out for manufacture. It appears as though we're meeting requirements, so the next step is to load the files on a drive and send them off.

Well as long as you baked in all Region support A,B,C I'll be happy. Though I do have a region unlocked player so It won't kill me if it was region A but might annoy some international folks.

Received the templates from the printer, art is all set and ready to go. Received blu-ray specs for production, in the process of packaging them up for the factory.

Unlike DVDs, the blu-ray standard has a host of anti-piracy and licensing issues baked into the format, so they have to be converted properly before being sent out for manufacture. It appears as though we're meeting requirements, so the next step is to load the files on a drive and send them off.

Well as long as you baked in all Region support A,B,C I'll be happy. Though I do have a region unlocked player so It won't kill me if it was region A but might annoy some international folks.

I'm not setting any region stuff on the disc, i'll make sure the factory doesn't on their end as well.

Blu-rays are formatted and ready to get sent off tomorrow. Art is approved as well. Still no word from HiB about the files being up. After everything is in the mail it's just going to be a bunch of paperwork back and forth with the manufacturer. I can keep updates going as I hear things back in concerns to production milestones.

Here's a special preview of some weird thing we made as a menu background / Youtube promo for when the discs are eventually ready. Figured I could give you guys an advance look now.

[vimeo]128439047[/vimeo]

I'd heard that music before but never knew the context for why the composer created it. Now I realise it is a celebration of food, done double fine well and fit for two players to eat.

It all makes sense now.

Big gif
YHDpmCpTZuA

Skip to 2:35 manually, because the markup doesn't like it when I add #155.

I'm glad the sandwich video is appreciated. Humble got back to me today and things are coming together again, so hopefully digital codes can go out soon.

Although it seems you used plain Cheddar instead of Cheddar Jack... :P

But great news!

Although it seems you used plain Cheddar instead of Cheddar Jack muenster... :P

But great news!

AF videos are rolling out on the HiB site! You should be able to log into your AF2014 purchase page and find a bunch of stuff has been added. It's still a bit of a process though and some things are on the way. VHX codes are linked to the blu-ray pre-orders and will be attached to the relevant profiles.

Those codes just got sent over so i'm not sure how long it will be before they are up taking the weekend into consideration. They could only be generated once the packages were made live on VHX and I wanted to limit the time in which they would be unavailable.

To save me the trouble of checking which of these were already available on YouTube, could you be so nice and let us know which videos are the new ones? Thx!

To save me the trouble of checking which of these were already available on YouTube, could you be so nice and let us know which videos are the new ones? Thx!
The whole series has been refreshed, so technically everything is different from the Youtube versions. Edits on the main series have not changed much, but everything has been treated to extensive video post production. "Day 11" is brand new, plus everything else outside the main series.

Man, watching Day 11 makes me a bit sad. So many people that aren't even at Doublefine anymore.... :-/

Blu-rays are formatted and ready to get sent off tomorrow. Art is approved as well. Still no word from HiB about the files being up. After everything is in the mail it's just going to be a bunch of paperwork back and forth with the manufacturer. I can keep updates going as I hear things back in concerns to production milestones.

So should we have gotten already/will we eventually get an e-mail from Fangamer about our shipped Blu-rays, just to make sure?

So should we have gotten already/will we eventually get an e-mail from Fangamer about our shipped Blu-rays, just to make sure?

If I understand Paul correctly, I think he was talking about the masters. They still need to be mass produced.

Blu-rays will still be a few weeks in manufacture before shipping, and yes there will be communication. There will need to be address verification before anything goes out as well.

Blu-rays will still be a few weeks in manufacture before shipping, and yes there will be communication. There will need to be address verification before anything goes out as well.

Thanks for the update, Paul!

One more question: Is there any kind of intended viewing order for the bonus material?

One more question: Is there any kind of intended viewing order for the bonus material?
No. You would want to watch it after the main series, that's it.

I've been told VHX codes are now up for bluray backers in the HiB page. Log in to HiB, go the purchases tab and select AF2014.

Strangely, I'm unable to download Tim's AF2014 Announce Video off my Humble Bundle page at any resolution. I've tried three different programs to download it, and they all find the file to be offline. I downloaded everything else at 1080p with no problems at all.

Is this messed up for anyone else, or am I a special case?

Strangely, I'm unable to download Tim's AF2014 Announce Video off my Humble Bundle page at any resolution. I've tried three different programs to download it, and they all find the file to be offline. I downloaded everything else at 1080p with no problems at all.

I get some kind of network error in Pale Moon. You're not the only one.

I'll look into this today.

Edit- I was able to pull down the 1080p version in Google Chrome (save link as) without any issue. Playback seems ok too. It's only this particular one that's giving you problems? What process are you using to download the videos?

I'll look into this today.

Edit- I was able to pull down the 1080p version in Google Chrome (save link as) without any issue. Playback seems ok too. It's only this particular one that's giving you problems? What process are you using to download the videos?

I was simply [ctrl+]left-clicking the videos to watch them in my browser. The actual error I get in the embedded video player (Not a plugin/addon player) is "Video playback aborted due to a network error."

I also tried right-click/save-as, but that resulted in a 0-byte file.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but this announce video is the only one with an apostrophe in its filename.

Separately:

1. The day 11 video filenames are typoed "day1_1xxxx" instead of "day11_xxxx"

2. The day 10 video filenames are the only ones that have "Day" capitalized (not really an issue)

Sign in to follow this